5. Maya was talking to someone in a dark car. (Let’s hope it’s Batman.) If you were hoping we’d learn Maya’s (Bianca Lawson) whereabouts this week, think again. It’s now unlikely that Maya’s headed to San Fran, as she was chatting with someone in a black or blue car by the bus station. But we still don’t know if this means Maya was conspiring with “A,” or if she perhaps was kidnapped by “A” — which might have explained why she only called Em once. And a note to Maya: You get better get home soon because Emily’s a wreck!
4. Aria dresses up as Vivian — and it’s not even Halloween yet. We still don’t know whether we can trust Jonah or whether he’s stringing the girls along — or if Garrett (Yani Gellman) is perhaps in cahoots with him (given that Garrett was watching them all last week). Still, we weren’t expecting Jonah to track down that doll hospital for the girls. We’re also curious about the guy who called out to Aria (Lucy Hale) — thinking she was Vivian — and what his connection to Alison (Sasha Pieterse) might be. Then again, a visit from a random stranger on this show is rarely a good thing.
3. Face it: Motorcyclists are often bad news (not counting John Stamos on Full House). As if Spencer (Troian Bellisario) didn’t have enough to worry about this week — with her dad and sister both seemingly suspects in Ali’s disappearance — she now has to wonder about that mysterious motorcycle rider (during the turbulent father-daughter dance). Spence assumes it’s Toby (Keegan Allen) getting cold feet, but perhaps “A” has stopped by to pay the girls a visit. And if it is “A,” this might be the only time we’ve ever wished a motorcycle accident on anyone.
2. Aria tells a fib after Hanna makes quite a splash. Frankly, Aria’s story — about how she was the one responsible for Hanna’s (Ashley Benson) police report — would have had us convinced, but Ms. Marin wasn’t buying it. We also found it pretty drastic of Hanna to toss her phone in with the dishes, making us wonder what exactly was on that phone. (Translation: Would you blame her if she had a few compromising photos of Caleb on there? We sure wouldn’t.)
1. If you ask us, Spencer deserves more than just one necklace from her dad. Leave it to the Hastings to make everyone else’s families seem totally normal by comparison. Spencer’s gift-buying dad might be trying to convince Spencer that he spent that $15K on a private investigator, but Melissa said he seemed downright chipper after Ali disappeared, and it would be quite a coincidence if the amount he gave the private investigator was the exact same amount that was in with Ali’s things. And isn’t $15K a tad steep for a P.I.? Doesn’t Mr. Hastings know you can hire people on Craigslist to do just about anything for, like, 50 bucks?
Be sure to tune in for the next episode of Pretty Little Liars tonight on Monday, March 5 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.