How Long Have The Voice Season 2 Contestants Known Their Battle Round Fates?
Much longer than we have, that’s for sure!
Though the first episode of battle rounds premiered on Monday, March 5, it seems the Season 2 contestants have known their fates for some time now.
Team Cee Lo contestant Angie Johnson said in a recent Facebook post, “The elimination was taped in December so I've had plenty of time to be good with the decision.”
The Voice’s blind auditions and battle rounds are all pre-taped, but in less than a month we will get to see the live shows.
Currently, the only people who know the remaining contestants’ battle round fates are those who were on or watching the show as it was taped. Team Blake contestant RaeLynn commented in a recent conference call that keeping her enthusiastic Texan family quiet was quite the task.
But some contestants haven't been doing such a good job staying silent. Team Blake contender Brian Fuente recorded a cover of “You & Tequila” with Team Adam contestant Nicolle Galyon that was released last week. Just days later, Brian was eliminated from the show.
Does this independent recording indicate that Nicolle is next to go?
As reported earlier, RaeLynn also had a potential slipup on Monday night when she thanked fellow Team Blake contestant Charlotte Sometimes on Twitter for a compliment and told her that she missed her.
Now, this could just mean that she misses Charlotte between the battle rounds and the live shows, but it could also mean that Charlotte will be eliminated next week.
We’re pretty impressed that the contestants have been able to keep the results relatively quiet for such a long time. Could you have done the same in their position? Comment below!