Top 5 OMG Moments from The Vampire Diaries Season 3, Episode 18, “The Murder of One”
We love those moments on The Vampire Diaries that make us gasp, pause, and rewind — and the 18th episode of the third season, “The Murder of One,” was chock full of them. Here are the five scenes that left our jaws agape.
5. Finn dies Looks like the Original Family’s sacrificial lamb finally got his wish. After reuniting with Sage, the Original brother was out at Mystic Grill discovering the wonder that is tequila. Unfortunately for him, Elena and Co. had different plans. First Matt spiked their drinks with Vervain. Then Stefan lured the couple outside. Next thing you know, the ancient bloodsuckers were tussling with the youngest Salvatore. Stefan would have been an easy kill for Sage and Finn. But then Elena shot Finn with the crossbow. Before the O.V. could react, Matt stabbed him with a white oak dagger. Seconds later Sage was crying over Finn’s flaming body. We almost feel sorry for the dude.
4. Bonnie loses it “Are you okay?” Elena asked the witch. “I don’t know,” Bonnie replied. But the true answer was no, most definitely not. Bon-bon had just spent the day being held captive by Klaus. The Original forced her to unbind his sibling’s bloodlines. If she’d refused he would have killed Jeremy. The look on her face after the spell worked suggested she thought she too was going to die. And remember, this comes a day after she was abandoned (again) by her newly-turned vampire Mom. Poor Bonnie. No wonder she was the opposite of okay. It was miracle that she was still standing. Though not for long. Before she cleared the circle drive outside of Casa Klaus, Bon-bon collapsed into a bundle of bawling nerves.
3. Sage and Troy bite the dust Apparently when you stab an Original, all his underlings feel the pain. Less than an hour after Finn’s demise, a raging Sage stood over Stefan ready to avenge her boyfriend’s death. But then the curse of her lineage kicked in. She coughed blood. Her face went ashen. Her knees buckled. She was too weak to kick Salvatore butt. “Troy help me,” she cried. But her underling was of no use. Before they could figure out what was happening both vampires died on the Salvatore’s living room floor.
2. Elena and Co. figure things out “So Sage and Troy die within an hour of Finn,” Caroline started. “It’s the blood. The bloodlines,” Stefan finished. Pacing, he retraced Sage’s lineage out loud, leaving Elena to add the final touch. “If the Originals die, so do all of you,” she said. “The entire vampire species would just be dead.” Bingo! And now the title of the episode, “The Murder of One,” makes perfect sense.
1. Stefan asks Elena to deny Damon “Hating Klaus was easy,” Stefan said. But acknowledging the bond his mean behavior had helped foster between Elena and Damon was much, much harder. The youngest Salvatore blamed himself. And he not-so-secretly hoped it wasn’t so. “I love you. I will always love you,” he told Elena. “I just want you to look me in the eye and tell me that you don’t’ feel something for him.” Elena looked up at the first vampire she’d deeply loved. But she couldn’t give him what he wanted. “I don’t know what I feel,” she said. Ouch.
Need your daily Vampire Diaries fix? Like us on our Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter!