American Idol 2012 Power Rankings: How Do the Top 7 Contestants Stack Up?
Things are getting serious, y’all! DeAndre Brackensick went down last week in a blaze of falsetto, and it’s only going to get tougher from here on out. Check out our Power Ranking for the Top 7!
7. Elise Testone: We love her, but her performances have been inconsistent, and she just doesn’t seem to have the fanbase to keep her afloat when she has a rough week. If she nails it this week, she might stay, but if she’s less than amazing, she’ll probably be toast.
6. Hollie Cavanagh: Hollie’s still stuck in the position of being the second-best power-ballad singing teenager. Unless Jessica Sanchez randomly quits the competition, the clock is definitely running down for Hollie.
5. Skylar Laine: She turned in a powerhouse vocal last week, and she’s still the only country singer in the group. She’ll be safe for a few more weeks, but she probably won’t pass the next four singers.
4. Joshua Ledet: His vocals are out of this world (sometimes almost literally) and he’s a heck of a showman, so Joshua should be around for a while. That being said, we’re just not sure his gospel stylings will bring him the crown.
3. Jessica Sanchez: The only girl in the competition with a shot of winning this thing, Jessica is almost guaranteed Top 3. Could she sneak into the finale? Maybe. It’s going to depend on the boys (currently) at the top.
2. Colton Dixon: Colton’s been getting progressively better, which is always a hit with Idol audiences who like to watch a contestant’s journey. If he keeps it up, he could very easily overtake his main competition.
1. Phillip Phillips: He’s cute, he plays guitar, he’s got that gravelly voice, and the judges love him. We do too, but there’s a chance that Phillip’s disinterest in playing “the game” on Idol will bite him in the you-know-where. For now, we’re leaving him on top.