Bones Season 7, Episode 9: We Break the Code! Your Guide to the Complex Terms in “The Don’t In The Do”
We love Bones with every fiber of our being (clavicle and maxilla included), but do you ever scratch your head in confusion as Brennan (Emily Deschanel) rattles off a bunch of big words at her fellow geeks? Join the club. Lucky for you, we rounded up terminology from Season 7, Episode 9, “The Don't In The Do” so you can improve your squintern skills!
1. Femur: Take a look down at your thigh and wave "hi" to the biggest bone in the human body! Thanks to this bad-boy, we're able to walk and jump — the only thing that separates us from zombies (they shuffle).
2. Lactic Acid: Lactic acid — a milky substance humans produce while exercising — was found all over the victim's remains during this week's episode. We blame Brennan's leaky boobs.
3. Osteometric Analysis: This hard-to-pronounce process determines the size of human bones. Booth (David Boreanaz) wins, hands down. Biggest bones ever!
4. Barbicide: Barbicide is a disinfectant commonly used in salons. It comes in handy when trying to clean up excess blood from the collection of scalps you keep hidden behind your weaves.
5. Putrefaction: Oh, don't worry — putrefaction is just when your body's organs decide to liquefy. The horror!
6. Cranium: A hilarious '90s board game.
7. Dr. Gomez: Selena Gomez's secret identity as an archaeologist. We love you like a PhD, baby.
8. Hyoid: A horseshoe-shaped bone below the chin. Intern Vaziri discovered that the victim's hyoid was nicked, which means his artery was sliced and he bled to death! Learn something new every day on this show....