Top 5 OMG Moments from The Vampire Diaries Season 3, Episode 19, “Heart of Darkness”
We love those moments on The Vampire Diaries that make us gasp, pause, and rewind — and the 19th episode of the third season, “Heart of Darkness,” was chock full of them. Here are the five scenes that left our jaws agape.
5. Tyler discovers Klaus has a crush on his girlfriend “Does Klaus have a thing for your or something?” Ty asked Caroline. The Original’s first hybrid could handle hearing that Damon might have to inadvertently kill him. Tyler could even deal with the fact that his sire-bond to Klaus might not be broken. But seeing the picture his maker lovingly drew of his girlfriend, well, that was his breaking point. It was almost comical the way jealousy reared its hairy little head. “I think I’m going to find someplace else to spend the night,” he told Caroline.
4. Elena and Damon find dead Mary Can our crew catch a break? Apparently not. After Rose’s ghost tracked down the one vampire who was old enough to tell them who sired whom, Damon, Elena, and Jeremy raced to “Scary Mary’s” house. And, even though they’d been bending time for a day, they didn’t get there fast enough. Seconds after they arrived Damon and Elena found the “Original groupie” ashen and colder than usual. Creepy Mary had been staked against one of her bedroom walls. Original brother Kol was the culprit. “Shame about Mary,” Kol said. “She used to be a blast.”
3. Evil Alaric comes out It took a beating that would kill the average man. But finally, after Stefan cracked ‘Ric’s nose, bruised a cheek, and probably broke a few ribs, the history teacher’s evil alter ego reared his bloody head. And he entered with a cackle. “You’re so weak. Look at you,” Evil ‘Ric said, taunting Stefan. “One of nature’s most hideous creatures and you can’t even get that [killing me] right.”
2. Damon and Elena make out We felt Damon pull on Elena’s heartstrings when, laying next to her in the motel bed, he told her why he doesn’t let his inner good show. But then the sexy Salvatore took her hand. And our girl was overcome. Elena’s body may have dashed out of the room to the soda machine but her heart was still in bed with him. So it was no surprise that, the moment the he was within kissing distance, Elena did what the Delena fans amongst us would have done a long time ago. She ran to Damon, grabbed him, and kissed him like his lips held the breath on which her life depends. The kiss was passionate. Hot. The kind of lip lock we’d all been waiting for — well, half of us, at least. Sorry, Stelena fans.
1. Esther reveals herself When Rebekah stepped into the spellbound cave our jaws hit the floor. We just knew Evil ‘Ric was dead for sure. But then the O.V. made suspicious use of a pronoun. “I want them all to die,” she said of her siblings. Huh? Beks went on to talk about how disappointed she was in Alaric and how she thought that he “of all people” should understand. “After all my son did use your body at one point,” she said. And the aha light clicked on. “You’re not Rebekah,” ‘Ric uttered, relieved. “No,” the woman that looked like Beks replied. “My name is Esther. And we have a great deal in common.” Rebekah was possessed. And it was the kind of plot twist we love to not see coming.
Need your daily Vampire Diaries fix? Like us on our Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter!