Top 6 OMG Moments from The Vampire Diaries Season 3, Episode 20, “Do Not Go Gentle”
We love those moments on The Vampire Diaries that make us gasp, pause, and rewind — and the 19th episode of the third season, “Do Not Go Gentle,” was chock full of them. Here are the five scenes that left our jaws agape.
6. Bonnie gets some love The witch of Mystic Falls spent the last three years taking care of Elena and Co. As a result, her grandmother, her mother, a boyfriend, and for a second, even her soul, have all been lost to the cause. So Bonnie deserves a moment’s peace. She finally gets it when Jamie drives her home from the cemetery. “Thank you for protecting me,” Jamie says. Bonnie chokes back tears then replies, “Apparently it’s what I do.” Truer words have rarely been spoken. Seeing that she is alone and needs not just company but support, Abby’s adopted son takes Bon-Bon in his arms. And for a moment she is the center of someone else’s universe.
5. Klaus throws a hissy fit Talk about mama drama. After Alaric (the nice one) stabs Original Mama Esther in the back, her son retrieves her body. Klaus lays his mother in coffin he plans to cart around for the next millennium. Then he proceeds to rage at her corpse. “I will build an army so big no one will ever touch me!” he yells at her peaceful face. “My survival will haunt you through eternity…You. Will never. Destroy. Me!”
4. Esther weaponizes Alaric Mama Esther said, “I will make Alaric into a true hunter — a vampire to end all vampires.” And she meant it. With the bones of the human Salvatore family resting around them, the mother of all vampires takes Evil Alaric’s hand with her right and steals a few drops of blood from Elena’s veins with her left. She drops the blood into a bowl. “Drink and let it be done,” she commands. As Elena protests, the history teacher’s alter ego gulps the blood. “Is it finished?” he asks. “Not just yet,” Esther replies. Then she stabs him one final time.
3. Damon and Alaric have one last bro moment We all know Damon doesn’t do touchy-feely. So we’re a bit surprised when he moans “Oh, ‘Ric,” as he plops down next to Alaric on the floor of the crypt. The men exchange a couple of bars. Then Damon says, “Sorry I killed you. Twice.” Alaric smirks before replying, “So I have to actually die to get a real apology out of you?” Damon offers him a swig of whiskey. Then the vampire sits silently next to his vampire-hunting friend and waits for him to die.
2. Stefan and Elena put their relationship back into play Elena is crying over Alaric. And Stefan is trying to console her. Neither one says they’re officially back together. But, when the vampire makes Elena stop packing up Alaric’s things and leads her out onto the same basketball court where he thought he’d lost her love forever, we know that they are. “After I bit you I thought I never wanted to feel anything again,” he says. “But someone kept telling me that it was okay to feel no matter how much it hurts. That our emotions are what makes us human.” Elena looks into his eyes. “Who gave you that horrible advice?” she asks. His reply: “This girl who I used to date.”
1. Bonnie makes the ultimate sacrifice And she does so without saying a word. After Esther comes to her in a dream, Bonnie marches barefoot out to the cemetery. Moving as if she’s in a trance, she walks into the Salvatore crypt, stabs her palm, and presses her bleeding hand against Alaric’s mouth. The history teacher wakes and drinks. Greedily. His eyes vamp out and, unable to get his fill from her hand, he grabs Bonnie’s head and sinks his newly formed fangs into her jugular. Moments later Alaric drops Bonnie’s body and rises the ultimate ghoul.
Need your daily Vampire Diaries fix? Like us on our Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter!