Top 20 Quotes from The Vampire Diaries Season 3, Episode 21, “Before Sunset”
One thing we’ll never say about The Vampire Diaries: “You took the words right out of our mouths.” Elena and the gang utter things we’d never dream of saying — or at least hope we never have to. Without further ado, here are the top 20 notable quotables from this week’s episode, “Before Sunset.”
20. Could you be a bit more optimistic? Stefan: Abby just showed up. Klaus: Good. Perhaps this plan won’t be an epic failure after all.
19. Is that too much to ask? Jeremy (to Stefan): Why don’t you do the right thing and give us one day — just one day without any vampires in it?
18. True that! Tyler: Real love is stronger than fake loyalty.
17. Technically, it’s true Rebekah: You’re supposed to be dead. Alaric: I am.
16. Setting him straight Stefan (to Klaus): Damon and I have been through a hell of a lot worse than you.
15. Who let the dog out? Tyler: I’m not your little bitch anymore.
14. Isn’t it ironic? Klaus (to Stefan and Damon): Poor lad. He loses one questionable father figure only to be replaced by the likes of the two of you.
13. One for the road Klaus: I just need to pick up a few road trip necessities. Spare tire. Flashlight. Doppelganger. Damon: Can’t help you there.
12. One more time Alaric: How many times do I have to tell you Elena? Stop trusting vampires!
11. How you like them odds? Stefan: Unfortunately if Alaric kills you, there’s a one in four chance that we die too. Damon: I’ll take those odds. Stefan: And there’s a 100 percent chance that Tyler dies. Damon: I can live with that too.
10. That’s not exactly what she meant Alaric: Isn’t this what you wanted Elena — for me to teach you how to kill a vampire? Well, here’s a vampire, Elena. Kill her.
9. Will she or won’t she Bonnie: Relax. Abby will be here. Damon: I’m sorry. I forgot about her stellar track record in the dependability department. Bonnie: Jamie said she was coming. Okay. Just give her time. [Doorbell rings.] Damon: Don’t get your hopes up. It might be a girl scout.
8. Fun for whom? Klaus: Sweet dreams Elena. It’s been fun.
7. Real talk Bonnie: You turned your back on me for 16 years. You have no idea what I can handle.
6. Good question. Even better answer. Elena: Why are you doing this? Alaric: Because you need me. Because you’re an 18-year-old girl without parents or guidance or any sense of right and wrong anymore.
5. ‘Ric calls 'em like he sees 'em Alaric (to Stefan and Damon): You two better get to doing what you do best: Saving Elena’s life.
4. Don’t play buddy-buddy now Klaus: Just between us girls: Who would you have picked? Elena: Rot in hell.
3. Adios mon hybrid Klaus (to Tyler): So much for that sire bond.
2. Bonds are meant to be broken Klaus: How did you break the sire bond? Tyler: By breaking every bone in my body 100 times for the girl I love.
1. Let’s hear it for our girl Damon: All this over one girl. Stefan: She’s a pretty special girl. Damon: Yes she is.
Need your daily Vampire Diaries fix? Like us on our Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter!