In his first Entertainment Weekly blog of the season, Chris wrote a little bit about the premiere's more notable bachelor entrances.
• "Jef channeled his inner Michael J. Fox from Back to the Future (if you have no idea who or what that is: look it up, kids) with the skateboard behind the limo. I was a little worried as the limo pulled down the driveway a little faster than any of us expected."
• "Tony took a huge chance with the Prince Charming bit, but he pulled it off."
• "I have to give Randy props for watching our show and going with the grandma gag. Emily thought that was pretty funny, as did the rest of us."
• "I have some advice for John and all other men out there: the moment you meet a beautiful woman and you’re desperately trying to make a good first impression don’t tell her your nickname, especially if it’s 'Wolf'!"
• "Travis showed up with an ostrich egg. That’s really all I have to say — Travis showed up with an ostrich egg. Good news for him is he’s a good guy with a great sense of humor, and the other guys really like him as well, because that could’ve gotten ugly… well uglier."
• "The big controversy during the arrivals was Kalon flying in on the chopper. To be honest it was kind of a small, janky little helicopter as far as Bachelor standards are concerned. Kalon not only rolled in on the chopper he also rolled in with the big attitude that immediately turned the guys off and put a big target on his back. This will continue as we move forward."
The "big controversy" with Kalon wasn't really much at all, especially in comparison to past seasons. Calling yourself Wolf is totally fine if you can back it up with hotness. Carrying an ostrich egg? Much harder to pull off, so kudos to Travis for somehow impressing Emily in other ways. When Jef (aka Marty McFly) has his first date with Emily, he should pull up in a DeLorean. Randy should try to date either the real Grandma Sheryl or, since she’s married, Sheryl’s hot granddaughter, Brittney Schreiner. And did Tony really pull off the Prince Charming bit? Emily does like shoes, so maybe she was just excited to try a new one on.