Top 10 Quotes From The Bachelorette Season 8 Premiere: “I Hope He Thinks I’m Cool, Too”
Emily Maynard believes in love, babies, fabulous shoes, bobblehead dolls, skateboards, and being called beautiful in any language available. And while she is hot for teacher, she does not believe in science class. Em showed a funny, sassy and sometimes ditzy side on The Bachelorette Season 8 premiere. So did her 25 boyfriends (including 6 new exes). Without further ado, here are 10 of our favorite quotes from Episode 1:
10. Kalon McMahon [during his intro interview]: "I used to be extremely loud and obnoxious and a womanizer." Tip: Don’t lead with that ... unless Emily leads with the baby thing and it scares you off.
9. Travis Pope: "So you're probably wondering why I'm holding this egg. … This egg is a symbol of two beautiful people, you and Ricki, and throughout this journey I will take care of this egg like I would take care of you and Ricki." I’ll cart it around and let all the other guys make fun of it all season.
8. Emily: "You've gotta just put on your big girl panties and move on with it." Not another Bachelorette in granny panties!
7. Aaron Martell: "I'm a high school biology teacher, but I'm here to have chemistry with you." Emily: "Awesome. I think I failed both so I have a lot to learn." Like not letting yourself come across as a bobblehead doll with answers like that.
6. Emily: "This is not anything like my normal life. When I go to the grocery store, guys are not pulling me into 15 different sections of the grocery store." It’s usually just five or six.
5. Emily [to Jef Holm, after he threw his skateboard away]: "I was gonna ride that later!" Should’ve saved that line for the helicopter.
4. Emily [on Jef]: "He is super cool and I hope that he thinks I'm cool too." That would be totally tubular!
3. Tony Pieper "What has two thumbs and is gonna marry Emily? This guy." What has two thumbs and just put them down for that line? This gal!
2. Emily [to Tony aka Prince Charming]: "I believe in love and fabulous shoes." But she also believes in keeping sweaty Egg Guy around.
1. Emily [on where she sees herself in five years]: "A minivan full of babies!" Bring on the fantasy suites!