Top Quotes From Gossip Girl Finale: Season 5, Episode 24, “The Return of the Ring”
Normally we’re able to narrow the best of Bass and Co.’s snappy lines to 10... but the Gossip Girl Season 5 finale cup runneth over with the wittiest, coldest, most heart-wrenching and heart-warming lines we’ve heard all season.
13. At this point, we’d be worried for Dorota if B didn’t threaten her job once an ep Blair [to Dorota]: Do you want to steam laundry in Liberia? Mobilize the troops!
12. That’s one way to spin insulting all of New York Blair: That guy spent one week with Marilyn and he is still living off those royalties.
11. Note to Nate: Insulting a girl’s livelihood = not the best way to woo her Lola: This is a lot of money... I can pay for school — Nate: And not be an Oompa-Loompa understudy.
10. They should just name it the “van der Woodsen” shot Serena: “Two more prenup shots, please.”
9. Ain’t that the truth! Bart [to Chuck]: No one does a grand romantic gesture than a Bass.
8. Nooooooooo........... Chuck [to Blair]: I spent the whole year waiting for you. I need to move forward with my life now.
7. Ha! Blair: [When I’m with Dan,] I feel strong and safe — except in his neighborhood
6. B*tch! Serena [to Dan, about Blair]: She just used you to get between us because she knew that I loved you.
5. Bart Bass, ladies and gentleman Bass [to Chuck]: Bass industries needs to be run by a man, not a boy.
4. Best use of “I’m Chuck Bass” ever? Chuck [to Blair]: I always put you first, and you bet against me every time. and now I have nothing. Blair: You have me Chuck: It’s not enough... I don’t want to be Mr. Blair Waldorf. I’m Chuck Bass.
3. Ouch! Dan [to Serena]: [T]here is no us. There’s only you. And now that our parents are splitting up, I never have to see you again.
2. Especially a scorned lover from the UES! Georgina [to Dan, about Dan]: Nothing like a scorned lover to scorch the earth.
1. Aaaand, we die. Blair [to Chuck]: You said I always bet against you. This time, I’m all in.