But if you think this thing through — you know, the way Brennan would — it makes sense that she’d bring Baby Christine along. Here’s 5 reasons her baby-napping can be somewhat rationalized.
1. Nutrition How’s Baby Christine going to get that super-nutritious vegan-fed breast milk with Brennan on the lam?
2. Protection If the baby is left behind, she becomes just one more target for Pelant. Did you like the way he was skulking around Christine’s nursery in the finale? Neither did we.
3. Maternal Instinct It’s just unnatural for a mother to leave her child behind. Unless we’re talking about wilderness survival, in which case a mother would eat her young. But let’s not go there, OK?
4. Inconspicuousness Brennan has a much better chance of blending in society as a single mother than as a beautiful, intelligent woman alone — sad, but true.
5. Fairness Booth already has Parker, his son from another relationship, and Christine is Brennan’s only child. It sounds fair to us — and honestly, isn’t that what hyper-logical Brennan would think, too?