So You Think You Can Dance's format may be new for season 9, but the quality of dancing is as good as ever!
Season 9 kicked off with auditions in New York City and Dallas, presided over by hostess with the mostess, Cat Deeley, and judges Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, Tyce Diorio, and Lil C.
As usual, we were treated to some brilliant performances, some ... uh ... weird performances, and some straight-up awful ones.
We're to focus on the good. So here are the dancers to watch for in Vegas:
- Amelia Lowe, an 18-year-old contemporary dancer from Butler, NJ, who seemed to step straight out of a black-and-white movie
- Street entertainer Shafeek Westbrook (23, Philadelphia)
- Auditioning for a mother who had attempted suicide, Leo Reyes, a 21-year-old Brooklyite
- Chehon Wespi-Tschopp, a 22-year-old ballet dancer from Zurich who could be the next Alex Wong
- 29-year-old mom Bree Hafen of McKinney, Texas, whose precious 2-year-old daughter should've also gotten a ticket to Vegas
- Stepheon Stewart (21, Katy, Texas), creator of a freaky "zombie dance" style
- "Exorcist" dancer Hampton Williams, 21, who brought the audience to their feet and tears to Mary's eyes. Nigel called him a genius.
- Shirtless hunk Daniel Baker, a 23-year-old Aussie ballet dancer. Cue the screaming girls.
- Another contemporary dancer with a tragic story: Jarell Rochelle, 22, of Huntsville, Texas
Who was your favorite of the night?
Fall in "Like" with us! For the latest from Wetpaint Entertainment, Like us on our Facebook page atFacebook.com/Wetpaint, or Follow us on Twitter atTwitter.com/WetpaintTV.