Something we love about Grey's is that despite the focus on romance, Mer and Cristina's dark and twisty BFF relationship has always been at the center of the show. To help distract us from the idea that they could end up apart, we've decided to celebrate their love with a list of our 10 favorite female friendships on TV right now. (Spoiler alert: They're number one!).
10. Alicia and Kalinda (The Good Wife): Alicia and Kalinda's friendship was ruined by the revelation that Kalinda had once had an affair with Alicia's husband, Peter. But the duo seems to be tentatively mending the hurt, and we love them whether they are BFFs, fighting, or making up.
9. Bonnie, Caroline, and Elena (The Vampire Diaries): This Mystic Falls trio started out as three fairly regular teens. Now they're a witch, a vampire, and OMG another Vampire (we're still getting used to it). But no matter what supernatural craziness the world throws at them, at least they have each other.
8. Jane, Alex, and Penny (Happy Endings): Every combo of this trio makes us happy. From Jane and Alex's sisterly affection to Alex and Penny's wacky adventures, these gals have a perfect blend of hilarity and heart.
7. "Emily Thorne" and "Amanda Clarke" (Revenge): Hey, we didn't say all of the friendship here were healthy. Fauxmanda's obsessive devotion to Emily (Emily VanCamp) isn't good for anyone, but is touching. As she put it herself, their friendship was the "one thing in [her] entire life that meant anything to [her]," until she realized Emily was lying to her. As much as she pretends otherwise, we know Emily cares for Fauxmanda, too, in her own messed up way. We can't wait to see what happens between them now that Fauxmanda's back in town.
6. Quinn and Rachel (Glee): From enemies to frenemies to friends (and then back to frenemies, and then friends again; rinse and repeat at will), Rachel (Lea Michele) and Quinn's (Dianna Agron) relationship has always been one of the most interesting parts of Glee.
5. JWOWW and Snooki (Jersey Shore): Whatever else you may think of JWOWW and Snooki, the duo are fantastic friends. JWOWW once wandered through the streets of Italy in the middle of the night trying to track down Snook's boyfriend for her. That's true love.
4. Jess and CeCe (New Girl):Cece (Hannah Simone) and Jess's (Zooey Deschanel) unlikely lifelong friendship is built on a foundation of love so strong it overcomes the fact that they are entirely different. These two always have each others' backs, no matter how many dumb decisions they both make.
3. The Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars): The murder of their best friend, a stalker, and intense public scrutiny can't tear the Little Liars apart. Despite their different personalities — the artsy one, the academic one, the snarky "It" girl, and the sweet jock — these four girls are bound by a friendship forged in the face of danger, loss, and pain. The Liars know they can always rely on each other, even when the rest of the world is against them.
2. Leslie Knope and Ann Perkins (Parks & Recreation): "Hoes before bros. Uteruses before duderuses. Ovaries before brovaries." As much as we love Leslie and Ben together, we all know that Ann is, and will always be, #1 in Leslie's heart, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
1. Cristina and Meredith (Grey's Anatomy): We don't care what Cristina says, she and Mer will always be each others "person" in our eyes. Both women are broken and beautiful in different ways, and somehow, they fit together. This friendship will survive anything, even if they end up living on different sides of the world.
Rebecca Martin is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter@BeccaMartin47.