Could it be a Hotlanta repeat?
So You Think You Can Dance Season 8 winner Melanie Moore began her journey to the finale in Atlanta, and hundreds of aspiring hopefuls looked to follow in her footsteps this year.
Here are the Season 9 standouts from the Los Angeles auditions that judges Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, and Debbie Allen sent through to Las Vegas:
- Audrey Case, an 18-year-old contemporary dancer, who could fart with her neck
- B-boy/karate kid/Selena Gomez superfan Tim Conkel, 21, who also demonstrated the bit of ballet he'd learned in seven days
- 23-year-old belly dancer Janelle Issis of Birmingham, Alabama
- Bacon-loving "weird dancer" Danielle Dominguez, 21, of Tampa, Florida
- Courtney Kirby, an 18-year-old contemporary dancer who brought her sweet-as-pie grandma
- Fresh-faced 19-year-old farm boy Asher Walker, who dreams of being a backup dancer for Justin Bieber
- Damon Bellmon, one of two brothers who were accused last season of stealing choreography from YouTube for their audition performance; his brother, Deon, didn't get through to Vegas
- And a trio of pop-and-lock roommates: Boris Penton, Andrew Rucker, and Cyrus "Glitch" Spencer
Who was your favorite contestant of the night? Do you have any early predictions? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below!
For the latest from Wetpaint Entertainment, Like us on our Facebook page at facebook.com/Wetpaint, or Follow us on Twitter attwitter.com/WetpaintTV.