Who Is Bachelor Roberto Martinez? 10 Things You Should Know!
Now that it’s been reported that Roberto Martinez will be the Bachelor for 2013’s Season 17, it’s time to refresh your memory on what he’s all about. You know — besides dimples. And general hotness. Here are some interesting bio tidbits about Ali Fedotowsky’s ex from The Bachelorette Season 6. 1. He’s a Virgo Roberto was born on August 27, 1983, which means the Virgo gent will be 29 this summer. According to astrology-online, traditional Virgo traits are "modest, shy, meticulous, reliable, practical, diligent, intelligent, analytical, fussy, worrying, over-critical, perfectionists and conservative." With a smile like that, we’ll take it. 2. He was a minor league baseball player Hottie Dimples played Division II baseball for the University of Tampa Spartans in 2002 and 2003. In 2005, he graduated from UTampa with a major in International Business. Back in the summer of 2002, just after Ali graduated from high school in Williamstown, MA, Roberto was just one town away from her, pitching for the North Adams Steeple-Cats. Small world, eh? Now that he’s in San Diego, he’s passing on his skills as a youth baseball coach.
4. He likes to Salsa dance Roberto impressed Ali with his Salsa skills on the Season 6 premiere and earned her first impression rose. They danced a couple of other times that season, including with his parents during his hometown date. How much you wanna bet some girl gets him to dance on his Season 17 premiere? Think it’ll work? If we were there, we’d go with the cookie approach...
5. His true love? Chocolate chip cookies They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach and Roberto’s stomach is a Cookie Monster. On February 7, he revealed via Twitter: “It's possible I'm in love with chocolate chip cookies, I find myself thinking about them ALL the time.” He’s got it bad! He’s tweeted about cookies a couple of times, so a wise bachelorette might consider walking out of the limo with a fresh batch. You’ll be remembered!
6. But he’s not a couch potato The man likes sweets, but he seems to balance that with baseball and other outdoor activities, including sailing, bike riding, football, golf, volleyball and just hanging at the beach. He’s a sports guy and he tweets about sports a lot — when he’s not chowing down on junk food. Everyone needs a treat!
7. He’s an introvert One of the reasons Ali and Roberto didn’t work out is just different personalities. “He would rather be alone on weekends,” Ali said after the break-up. “He’s more introverted. I love being around people and sharing stories and going out to dinner. […] A lot of times what I wanted to do and what he wanted to do didn’t match up. One of us was always compromising with the other, or we both ended up not doing what we wanted and staying home.” Ali used to work for Facebook and she’s joked that she’s all about oversharing. Roberto is more reserved. 8. He’s a proud uncle Roberto is close to his family, even if they are based in Florida and he’s in Cali. On Roberto's hometown date on The Bachelorette, Ali met Roberto's mom, Olga; his father, Roberto Sr.; his sister Olga; his brother Peter; and his sister-in-law, Cristin. (Check out cute pics of Roberto and company at Peter and Cristin’s wedding.) Bert also seems to have another sister named Elizabeth, who wasn’t on the hometown date. This past in April, Roberto tweeted “I have a new niece as of this morning. So happy for my brother & sister-in-law. A BEAUTIFUL family! Love those kids with all my heart!”
9. He may not like career-oriented women This section quotes two unfortunate souls who were born without names, but it’s possible they aren’t wrong/lying. Some unnamed insider said another reason Ali and Roberto broke-up is “Roberto seemed bothered that Ali was career-minded and had a social life. He is very old-fashioned when it comes to a woman’s places.” Back in 2010, a "friend" of Roberto's played up that angle to In Touch Weekly. “He always criticizes all-American girls,” the friend said, adding that Ali seemed like a “career woman” — a trait that usually turns Roberto off. “He’s very conservative, and wants to be with a woman who’ll be there when he gets home. He told me he’d never marry a girl like her.” Some friend. Who knows if that’s true. Guess we’ll see if Bachelor Roberto weeds out the career girls.
10. He likes sexy Victoria’s Secret Angels (but what guy doesn’t?) After Brazilian supermodel Adriana Lima showed off her gorgeous body in a Super Bowl ad this past February, Roberto decided to showcase his appreciation bytweeting, “I'm going to put it out there @AdrianaLima... Ay dios mio.” She’s already married, but if you happen to know a single woman who looks like Adriana … see if she’ll bake some cookies, learn some Salsa moves and apply to be on The Bachelor!