A Timeline of Love: Castle and Beckett’s Romantic Firsts
They say there’s nothing like your first time, and we’d be hard pressed to disagree. Watching Castle and Beckett enjoy their first (real) smack-a-roo in the Season 4 finale “Always” brought back all the memories of our own first times. Don’t worry — we’ll spare you those details. Instead, check out this awesome list of Caskett’s adorable firsts. Enjoy!
1. First Time Castle and Beckett Met! In the pilot ep “Flowers For Your Grave,” Castle and Beckett had a slightly awkward first encounter: Beckett caught Castle at a book signing to question him about a murder. They didn’t exactly “meet cute,” but their first meeting was definitely memorable!
2. First (Albeit, Staged) Kiss! Caskett’s spur-of-the-moment liplock inSeason 3, Episode 13: “Knockdown” had many Castle fans’ hearts a-flutter. Sure, it was only a ruse, but Castle and Beckett’s first time locking lips is nothing to take lightly.
3. First Time Castle Saved Beckett’s Life! In Season 1, Episode 6: “Always Buy Retail” Castle jumped right into the line of fire for his partner. Ladies, it may be time to re-evaluate. Would your man do that for you?
4. First Time Castle and Beckett Held Hands! Believe it or not (and we totally believe it), it took two full seasons (and then some) for Caskett to reach first base. In Season 3, Episode 6: “3XK” in the throes of a serious conversation, Beckett softly placed her hand on Castle’s knee, and the rest is sweet, sweet history.
4. First Time Castle and Beckett Defied Death Together! Not every couple can they say they’ve escaped the clutches of the Grim Reaper together, but Castle and Beckett sure can! In Season 3, Episode 17: “Countdown,” the lovable leads almost froze to death in each other’s arms. Sure, Beckett was kinda-sorta dating someone else, but that’s still pretty darn romantic, no?
5. First Time Castle Said I Love You! Bittersweet as it was, Castle confessed his undying love for his, well, dying love, in the Season 3 finale, “Knockout,” just moments after she’d been shot in the chest. Not exactly the best timing, but we appreciate the sentiment.
6. Their First Real Kiss! Let’s just say, our lives will never be the same after Caskett’s steamy Season 4 finale makeout session. Maybe we weren’t a part of it, but at least we got to witness the greatness.
7. First Time Beckett Said I Love You! Oh … wait. Coming soon?