Top 10 Quotes From The Bachelorette Hometown Dates: “I Just Want Her to Hold a Gun All Day Long”
On a scale of one to Pissed, Chris Bukowski was Pissed. Bobblehead bobbled his butt out of the building on The Bachelorette Season 8 hometown dates. Meanwhile, Jef Holm shot Emily Maynard with his love gun, Arie Luyendyk, Jr. took her for a ride into the Netherlands of awkward Dutch dinner talk and Sean Lowe whisked her away to Kensington Cottage. Since Ryan Bowers is probably going to sue Jef for stealing his love letter move, we’re sticking with quotes — so check out our favorites from Episode 8.
10. Sean: "I will never allow a girl to give herself to me if I can't reciprocate." But she’s welcome to play with my stuffed animals — they’re genetic gifts too!
9. Jef’s brother Steve: "Love — it's not an investment it's an adventure." Holms — they’re not just cute, they’re quote machines.
8. Emily [on Sean]: "He's a mess and he's really into stuffed animals." Well, you did say you wanted a dad for Ricki who was like a kid himself...
7. Emily [on Arie in IndyRacer gear]: "Arie definitely looks stupid hot." But not so stupid that he’d actually introduce me to his stuffed animals.
6. Emily [to Jef after his letter]: “That was honestly the sweetest thing anybody has ever, ever said to me.” But Arie would’ve just kissed me against a wall and gotten the same result.
5. Sean [introducing stuffed animals to Emily]: “That's Whiskers. That's Buddy. That's Moo Moo. And that's Froggy.” And Chris’s bobbleheads and Jef’s puppets are going to meet them out back for a smackdown.
4. Emily: "Who knew Jef and his skinny jeans had such a good shot?" No, that shot in his jeans was just happy to see you.
3. Chris: "On a scale of one to Polish, we're Polish." Yes, but on a scale of one to Dutch, Arie’s family is *Double* Dutch
2. Jef [to Emily, in his love letter]: “I love the way you smile. I love the way you grab my hand and hold it. I love how good of a person you are. ... I love that you want a cute little family, hopefully with me. ... I love how funny you are and how funny we are together. I love how you fit in my arms. I love the thought of going to sleep next to you and waking up to those big brown eyes every morning. I'm so excited to meet Ricki. I'll teach her how to play sports and I'll cheer her up when she's sad and laugh with her when she's funny. And I'll be there for her. I want to show her how to fall in love and have a love story that lasts forever, because I'll love you forever. Most of all I'm completely and hopelessly in love with you." Or that’s what we think the letter said — it was written in Dutch and Arie’s family refused to translate.
1. Jef: "Emily looks so hot with a gun. I just want her to hold a gun all day long." Hey now! Save the "hold my gun" talk for next week's fantasy suites.