Snooki and JWOWW’s spin-off, Snooki & JWOWW, is well underway, but the ratings have been surprisingly disappointing. We can’t really understand why more Jersey Shore fans are tuning in, because the show gets better and better with each episode. Not convinced? Read on for five reasons why we think you should be watching the new show.
5. It’s all about a strong female friendship. Snooki & JWOWW at its core is about two women who are the best of friends. They both support each other and get along without resorting to catty drama that you usually see on reality shows centered around women.
4. Snooki is growing up right before our eyes. The girls’ spin-off shows them both in a different light, but Snooki’s dramatic change from hard-partying guidette to giddy mom-to-be has to be the cutest thing we’ve seen on TV. While shows like Teen Mom may show the harder parts of being forced to grow up and take care of a baby, Snooki (who is well over “teen” age and has plenty of money to boot, we should add) shows that it is possible for a young woman to step up to her responsibility and grow up. Snooki’s face when she looked at her sonogram during last night’s episode pretty much melted our hearts. Sorry haters, Snooks is going to be an awesome mom.
3. JWOWW and Roger’s relationship drama. Compared to that other drama-causing Jersey Shore couple, Roger and Jenni always came off as the calm, reasonable couple. However, in Snooki & JWOWW we get to see that their relationship isn’t all smooth sailing. The pair get into fiery, passionate fights often (nothing serious, just arguments about stuff like strippers) and we get to see more of the badass side of JWOWW that we haven’t seen since Jersey Shore Season 2. We know JWOWW and Roger are solid as a rock, but their loud relationship is a nice contrast to Snooki and Jionni’s adorable young love.
2. It’s an endless fashion parade. During Jersey Shore, we usually see Snooki and JWOWW in their casual beach duds. However, on Snooki & JWOWW we get to see how they dress when they, you know, have actual places to go. We’ve always had a fascination with Snooki’s gaudy-and-proud fashion sense and being able to see how she translates that for winter is a joy to watch. (Think: animal print leggings, leopard sweat shirts, and giant plastic flowers in her hair.)
1. Jionni is the cutest guy on TV right now. Seriously! We love seeing Snooki interact with Jionni, who despite his not-so-great reality television debut during Jersey Shore Season 4, is a great boyfriend. He supports Snooki (and JWOWW), smooths out conflicts within the house and acts as the peacemaker, and can take Roger’s jokes about his small stature with grace and ease. Plus, Snooki is just crazy about him. You picked a good one, Snooki.
Catch the next episode of Snooki & JWOWW on on Thursday, July 12 onMTV.
Maria Mercedes Lara is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter@maria_mercedes.