Bones Season 8 Spoilers: Booth Is “Furious” — Plus Nine More Super-Juicy Teasers!
Bones' eighth season is just around the corner! Actually, that's a lie –– our favorite show is still months away, which is why it's time for some serious inside scoop. Check out 10 mouth-watering spoilers Bones' executive producer, Stephen Nathan recently shared with TV Guide.
1. Bones Will Return As A "Murder Show" "We had to figure out something that was going to really exploit this new relationship that they [Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and Booth (David Boreanaz)] have and the new family that they have, as well as really get our show back on track as a murder show," Stephen says.
2. Booth Is "Furious" With Brennan "When Brennan does return, he [Booth] is still the honorable man that he has been for seven seasons," Stephen explains. "However, he's furious. He's furious at Max, but he understands. He's furious with Brennan because [he thinks], 'Wasn't there some way that she could include him? Why didn't she trust him with that information?'"
3. Booth Might "Take Out" Pelant "I think she [Brennan] realizes the only way that he [Booth] can keep her safe would be to do something illegal like taking out Pelant," Stephen explains. "Which is something that he might [still] have to do. We certainly have not seen the last of Pelant."
4. The Jeffersonian Team Won't Help Brennan "Cam [Tamara Taylor] is going to have to be completely above reproach," Stephen says. "She is going to have to maintain that position so that the Jeffersonian can also be above reproach. All of those people are going to be doing their jobs so that none of the evidence is tainted. That will continue."
5. Brennan's Been Working While On The Lam "She's been gone, but she's been working," Stephen explains. "It will be revealed what kind of communication there has been from Brennan. I can't tell you who's been communicating with her, but somebody's been communicating with her. There has been some movement in the case."
6. Brennan Will (Probably) Come Back In The Season Premiere "[The premiere] is all about trying to clear Brennan, bringing her back in and finding something that will put Pelant away," Stephen says. "When we come back, that's the first order of business. Whether they're successful in all of those pursuits remains to be seen. I can't imagine they will be successful in all those pursuits, but we certainly want to see Brennan come home."
7. Cam Gets A New Boyfriend And Angela Struggles With Mommyhood "We want to get Cam involved in a new relationship and see what's going on with her daughter," Stephen says. "There is the start of something with Angela [Michaela Conlin] maybe getting a little bit antsy. One of the four bonus episodes that we shot really kind of focuses on Angela and her domestication and how comfortable and uncomfortable she is with that."
8. Expect Huge Changes For Sweets "Sweets' [John Francis Daley] life will take a turn," Stephen teases. "He's been very complacent. He thinks he has a very secure thing going on with Daisy, but I think we're going to try to shake things up for Sweets."
9. New Season, New Squinterns! "We're going to try and find somebody for the FBI," Stephen says. "We're also going to try to add new squinterns. We love all the squinterns that we have. The issue with them, as always, is what other shows they're going to be taking off to do."
10. Pelant Will Come Between Booth And Brennan! "He is going to surprise the team — and us — at every turn," Stephen teases. "I can guarantee that. Pelant's [story] is going to unfold in a way that I don't think anyone will foresee. It's definitely going to have its impact on them [Brennan and Booth].
We can't wait! Keep the spoilers coming, Mr. Nathan.