Top 10 Quotes From The Bachelorette Overnight Dates: “We Have to Bridle These Passions”
Little Ricki has asked if we’ll print her reply letter to Sean Lowe before posting our favorite quotes from The Bachelorette Season 8, Episode 9: “Dear Sean, thanks for giving my mom another note to add to her huge pile. Sorry, I’m not going to meet you after all. Don’t worry, it wasn’t you; it was Mom. She loved you but wasn’t in love with you. And sometimes she does like to wear mom jeans. She also thinks your note to me wasn’t quite as sweet as Doug Clerget’s letter from his son, as unintentionally funny as Ryan Bowers’s lady list, or as swoon-worthy as Jef Holm’s love letter. (To be honest, I liked Jef’s letter best too. Sorry. #TeamJEM.) But you looked good this week and that guy my mom is always kissing looked really sweaty on his date. Hope that makes you feel better. And I hope you invite me to Dallas sometime to play in that huge dollhouse your niece has in the backyard. XO, Ricki.” Sweet of her to write that. Now here are our love notes from the overnight dates:
10. Emily Maynard [on Jef]: "I feel like he gets me in a way that nobody else does." Good, ‘cause a lot of people aren’t going to get why you dumped Sean.
9. Emily: "Sean is, like, so hot and so manly. Every time I'm around Sean it's like I can't keep my hands off of him." So I finally used them to push him away.
8. Emily [to Jef]: “I could keep you out of trouble and you could maybe get me into trouble sometimes." Like, making her get up as late as — *gasp* — 6:30 a.m.!
7. Jef: "The way this whole thing has come together has been like this crazy painting that I didn't understand at first, because I was just seeing the beginnings of it, and as I've seen it develop and I take a step back, I see the masterpiece that's being painted." And I’ve decided to ignore that it totally looks like Edward and Bella Twilight fan art.
6. Sean: "I walked away knowing that, there's no doubt about it, I'm going to end up marrying that girl." He just forgot to add it’s going to be her second or third marriage, after she tries one of these other guys.
5. Arie Luyendyk, Jr.: "I think we've had so many good moments." Emily: "All your moments involve kissing." Arie: "Yeah, they do actually." Emily: "Weird, mine too." Yeah, ours too. Sigh. They need to send Arie over to Bachelor Pad Season 3 to give lessons before the kissing contest.
4. Jef: "I love parents. I love hanging out with parents." Like when they give me quarters for skee ball at Chuck E. Cheese's — it's so rad!
3. Jef [to Emily]: "I plan on spending every night with you in our own little fantasy suite." With Ricki right upstairs — so romantic and private.
2. Jef [to Emily]: "I've never met two people who are more perfect for each other." Except maybe Jef & Arie.
1. Jef [on not spending the night with Emily]: "Right now is a time for us to bridle these passions." So she can save her energy to saddle up and suck face with Arie.