Happy Birthday, Steven R. McQueen! Here Are 5 Reasons Why We Love You
Today, the man who plays everyone’s favorite little brother, Steven R. McQueen (Jeremy), turns the big 23. In honor of the cutie’s big day, here are five reasons he has our hearts.
1. His famous family: Don’t get us wrong, there are many reasons to love this sexy guy, but we do think it’s pretty cool he has the same name as his uber-successful actor grandfather, Steve McQueen. Even cooler? He carved his own path. Add to that the fact that his step-father is Luc Robitaille, a retired NHL hockey star, and Steven is swimming in awesome family ties.
2. His resilience: Like his character, who has seen enough drama and death for ten people his age, Steven hasn’t exactly lived a picturesque life. He’s openly admitted he’s in AA and struggles with addiction and other problems. But look where he is now! That, ladies, is impressive. And sexy.
3. His acting: Steven sometimes improvises (Remember that first near-kiss between Bonnie and Jeremy? Totes unscripted!) — something not all actors can pull off. He may “have a couple of screws loose upstairs” (his words, not ours!), but he’s able to channel that passion into everything he does.
4. Music man: Did you know musical ability runs in Steven’s family? His little brother, Jessarae, is launching his music career — with the help of the guitar-playing TVD star. Check out the video below of Steven’s impromptu singing and strumming. We dare you not to swoon.
5. His dayum good looks: You didn’t think we could make a list like this and not mention how freakishly adorable Steven is, did you? Good. ‘Cause he is. We love the shaggy brown mop; the dark, puppy dog eyes; the whole “brooding” boy swagger. Hot.
What melts your heart about Steven R. McQueen? Show some love for the birthday boy below!