His wild days of women and drugs are well behind him, but Steven’s still exudes “crazy” at any and every opportunity. His tendency to say whatever pops into his mind (and his randy remarks) often left him with a foot in his mouth and raised a lot of eyebrows.
To celebrate his unfiltered reality, here are 10 of our favorite quotes from the inimitable Steven Tyler:
10. Battle of the Sexes (To Skylar Laine, after her Top 7 performance) “The crows may crow, but the hens deliver the goods.”
9. Boys Gone Wild (To Season 10 contestant Scotty McCreery after his Top 5 performance) “Until now, you've been like a Puritan, but I swear to God I saw you dance with the devil tonight.”
8. Thanks? (To DeAndre Brackensick, after his Top 13 performance) “You have a different flavor than everyone else, like a Jamaican patois, and I loved it.”
7. Lock Up Your Daughters! (To Season 11 contestant Shannon Magrane’s father) “[The weather is] Hot, humid, and happening... Just like your daughter.”
6. Never Mess With a Lady Cop (To a female contestant dressed as a cop during the Season 10 San Francisco auditions) “You know what? You oughta be arrested for that voice... do you have handcuffs?”
5. A Little Nugget of Wisdom (During the Season 11 Texas auditions) “Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.”
4. Watch Your Mouth! (During the Season 10 New Jersey auditions) “Well, hellfire, save matches, f*ck a duck and see what hatches!… I'm not allowed to say that?”
3. Eyes Up Here, Steven (To a female singer sporting a star-spangled bikini top during the Season 10 New Jersey auditions) “What’s with the juju bees on your ooh ooh bees?”
2. A Fair Question to Ask (To a particularly strange auditioner during the Season 10 New Jersey auditions) “Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a child?”
1. Going Gaga for Lady Gaga (During the Season 10 Top 4 performance show ) “Dude, you made Gaga's yaya go lala! How could you do that?"