1. He's European Arie lives in Scottsdale, Arizona, but he's originally from s’Hertogenbosch, Netherlands. You know what that means: He's refined, sophisticated, and started drinking at the age of 15. Triple score!
2. He Lives Life in The Fast Lane — Literally Arie's a world-famous car racer, who placed second in the 2002 Infiniti Pro Series. He has numerous awards under his seatbelt, but he's all about using his celebrity to give life lessons. "The most challenging skill to learn while daily driving was patience," Arie says. "Patience is something that every young driver needs because driving fast just gets you into trouble!"
3. His Dad Is a Two-Time Indie 500 Winner Arie's dad, Arie Luyendyk Sr., is a famous race driver who won the Indianapolis 500 not once, but twice! "Growing up in a racing family is great," Arie says. "I went to most of the races and the sport became a part of life. The people at the track were like family so it was no surprise when I wanted to be a driver. My father was very laid back about my driving."
4. He's Outdoorsy When Arie isn't busy racing cars and looking ridiculously hunky, he spends time in the great outdoors! Arie's passionate about hiking, snowboarding and travel, and says he loves visiting new places. Could a fabulous honeymoon with Emily Maynard be in his future?
5. He's a Fashionister! Arie has great style, and started a clothing line in 2012 called Anti-Celeb. Sadly, the domain name for his website has expired, but here's to hoping that Arie's experience on The Bachelorette will inspire him to continue his foray into women's wear.
6. He's a Jailbird Arie was arrested a total of two times back in 2008, once for driving without registration, and once for driving with a suspended license. Psssh, don't the police know who they're dealing with? Boyfriend was born to speed!
7. He Wears Boxer-Briefs It's the question that's been on our minds since we first saw Arie's face. Does he wear boxers or briefs? Answer: Both! "The briefs, they just come up too high. And boxers, it's too much room," Arie explains while we blush.
8. He's Friends With Kim Kardashian Reality royalty, HRH Kim Kardashian, is a huge fan of race car driving (apparently...), and when she visited Indiana's Motor Speedway back in 2010, Arie gave her a full tour. We can only assume Kim schooled Arie on the pressures of reality stardom in preparation for his stint on The Bachelorette.
9. He's a Real Estate Agent Arie is a true renaissance man! He races, designs, and even has a real estate license in Arizona, where he sells the occasional home. Hey –– if he and Emily move in together, maybe he can get them a sweet deal.
10. He Teaches Driver's Ed Stop everything you're doing (reading this article) and check out Arie's piece de resistance, Road Skillz, a "revolutionary new type of driving skills DVD, aimed specifically at 16-25 year old drivers." Apparently, this bad boy features "popular music," so count us in.