Ezra and Aria's (Lucy Hale) relationship has been one of the central romances of the show since the pilot, which makes it hard to believe that Ezra could really be part of the "A" team. However, the popularity of their relationship is countered in our minds by some suspect behavior from this hot teach.
Here are six reasons we don't entirely trust Ezra.
1. He has a history of lying. In Season 3, Episode 9: “The Kahn Game” we learned that Ezra had been keeping a huge secret from Aria — he got his high school girlfriend pregnant and his mom paid her off. This isn't the first thing he's kept from Aria, either; it took her stumbling on pictures of Jackie for him to admit that he'd been engaged, which is a pretty large fact to forget to mention to your girlfriend. Maybe Ezra is just bad at awkward conversations, but the fact that he has kept so much from Aria makes us wonder what else he hasn't shared.
2. He has a dark side. Ezra is normally a total sweetheart, but we've seen a darker side to him, too. He got what seemed to us to be unfairly frustrated with Aria in Season 3, Episode 5: “That Girl is Poison,” and we've seen his anger at his family. Plus, Ian Harding told us that Ezra “is not as good as he’s made out to be.” This doesn't have to mean anything other than he's not always Prince Charming, but it could be a hint at an even darker side.
3. That money. Ezra either has the most convoluted car sale situation ever, or there's something else going on there that he's not being honest about.
4. "A"'s relative niceness to Aria and Ezra. We've mentioned this before, but it's worth noting again. While "A" hasn't exactly left Aria alone, she's been the least targeted of the Liars. Notably, "A" has barely touched Ezra, especially compared to what the other Liars' significant others have gone through. That's odd, because it would be very easy for Mona (Janel Parrish) or the new "A" to absolutely destroy Ezra, given his relationship with Aria. If Ezra's on the "A" team, that would explain why he has been kept safe.
5. The people from his past. We hate to hold a person's past against them, but have you met Ezra's family? And what about his terrible ex-fiancee? It's easy to see how someone who grew up in that environment and then got engaged to that woman would wind up twisted.
6. His access to money. If Ezra is involved with the "A" team, that might explain "A"' seemingly limited resources.
What do you think: Could Ezra be part of the "A" team, or is there no way the writers would go there?
Catch an all-newepisode of PLL on Tuesday, August 14 at 8 p.m. ET/PT onABC Family.