Arie Luyendyk Jr. Gets Marriage Proposals Every Day, Gives Advice to Other Singles
There's a lot to learn from this cute little StarCam video with The Bachelorette Season 8 runner-up (and aspiring Season 17 Bachelor) Arie Luyendyk, Jr.
1. In case you were wondering how to pronounce Arie’s last name, it sounds something like Lahn-dike. You can hear the tan Dutch hottie say his name very fast at the end of the video.
2. He's not a big sports guy, aside from racing. StarCam talked to him at the 2012 Harold Pump Foundation Event in L.A. to support cancer research and when asked for his favorite athlete he admitted he doesn't watch too much football or basketball. He’s totally immersed in racing, although he was hoping to meet some Olympic athletes at the event.
3. He has a job with ABC's rival network. "Right now I'm doing commentating for NBC sports," Arie said of what he’s up to now. "I do that for all the Indy Lights races. I've been doing that for the past few years. And obviously I'm aspiring to get back into race cars. So hopefully in the next few races I'll be back."
4. He has a message for his loyal fans. "Thank you for supporting me this whole time. I have such great support from all the fans, especially on Twitter. I hear it every day and it's great. It's really nice to know that everyone's supporting me through all this."
5. What's the craziest thing someone's said to him on Twitter? "I get a lot of proposals every day. It's kind of cute, though. I have a big fan base. I love it."
6. His tips for single folks? "Be yourself. I think that's the easiest thing, you know. It's hard to put on a show. It's easier just to be genuine and be real."
Watch the video to experience everything straight from Arie, which is the best way to experience all things. Especially wall kisses. Or so we've heard.