Is Sean Lowe The Next Bachelor? Source: It’s Either Him or Arie — and Arie’s Out!
Can we just call it? Sean Lowe as the Bachelor for Season 17? If anyone else is named at this point, it would be a surprise. Chances are, it will not be a surprise when we hear Uncle Seanie will be handing out roses to 25 new girlfriends.
Filming for the 2013 season starts later this month and will most likely end in November, as usual. Contestants will probably be named in December, with the show usually premiering the first Monday in January. But who will we be watching?
Last week, Bachelorette 8 runner-up Arie Luyendyk, Jr. made a whole announcement that he was choosing racing over romance. Today he openly spelled it out on Twitter: "Just to clarify I will not be the next ‘Bachelor’ I am however pursuing opportunities in @IndyCar & @RolexSeries. @MichaelShankRac @XYQInc." So Arie's out.
Earlier this week, Ryan Seacrest's sources told him it would definitely not be Bachelorette 6’s Roberto Martinez, who had been rumored for the gig for months. So, if that rumor is correct, Roberto is out.
Chris Harrison just told RumorFix that Emily Maynard's past boyfriends, Arie and Sean, are still in the mix, along with Olympian Ryan Lochte and an unknown, like they used to cast back in the old days.
Well, a source who works on the show just told E! News that Ryan is "out of the running" (thank heaven!) and "It's really down to Arie and Sean." So — just by process of elimination — if that rumor is correct, Sean is in. Unless they do go with an unknown after all. (Chris did say they couldn't just choose the guy by popular opinion...)
What do you think? Are they giving us a thousand Sean hints so we’re primed and ready when his name is called? Or are you still holding out hope for someone else?