Happy Birthday Arie Luyendyk Jr.! 5 Reasons We Love You More Than Pizza
How do we love Arie Luyendyk, Jr.? Let us count the ways! Today (September 18) is Arie's birthday, so obviously we will be spending the next 24 hours encased in cake and icing, while waving around the s’Hertogenboschian flag. If that kind of celebration sounds too "intense," pay your respects to this hunky racer by checking out five reasons we love him!
1. He Works His Funny Bone Tragically, Arie didn't win The Bachelorette, but lord knows he made Emily Maynard laugh. Her unicorn-white teeth were flashing all over the place when he was around! We love that Arie is funny and laid back, plus that hair. His floppy hair holds all the secrets.
2. He's an Amazing Kisser In case you've blocked it out due to jealousy-induced trauma, Arie is an amazing kisser. At least, we assume that's why Emily spent most of The Bachelorette with her lips affixed to his. Arie's kisses were the perfect combination of sloppy and gentle, and left Em (read: us) weak at the knees every time. Swoon!
3. He's a Total Romantic You guys, remember when Arie took Emily on that trip to Dollywood and they made out on those hay bales? And then they made out some more on that carousel? The entire date was sexy, fun, and non-stop romantic, especially since Arie paid constant attention to Emily, listened to every word she said (during the few moments she came up for air), and even slow danced her nerves away. Awwww!
4. He's Willing to Make Fun of Himself Arie busted out his self-deprecating LOLster when he slipped into Shakespearean tights and played Juliet's nurse from Romeo and Juliet. We loved how excited he was about his role, especially when he adopted that "girly voice." (Feminists, look away.)
5. He's a Gentleman Who knows if it's his Netherlandic upbringing, or the fact that he's dated so many babes, but Arie sure knows how to treat a lady. This racy racer opened doors for Emily, gave her his jacket, saved her from a murder-happy tribe of killer dolphins, and always put her needs first. He's so adorably old-fashioned when it comes to dating!
Happy birthday, Arie. Hope to see you and your bad self make an appearance on Bachelor Season 17!