Our 5 Biggest Questions About Toby on Pretty Little Liars
Now that we've had over a week to digest the idea of Toby (Keegan Allen) being on the "A" team, it's time for us to sit back and collect our thoughts about this big Pretty Little Liarsshock.
We've spilled a lot of ink (well, pixels) writing about what this means for the show, but in the end, all we really know is that we have a lot of questions about Toby these days. But we've managed to narrow them down to our top five.
1. What are his motivations? Obviously, this is question number one. Is he seeking revenge on the Liars for the many ways they've hurt him? Did he join because he hates Alison (Sasha Pieterse)? Is he being blackmailed into helping? Is he a double agent trying to take the team down from the inside? Is he just a sociopath? There are so many directions this could go, and the answer will have a big impact on how we view the character.
2. When did he join the "A" team? This seems key. Did he join before or after he started dating Spencer (Troian Bellisario)? Has he been part of the team since day one, or was he recruited after the team had started forming? Where does he fall in the "A" hierarchy?
3. Does he really love Spencer (Troian Bellisario)? Even evil stalkers can feel love. Even if Toby's not a double agent, it's possible his feelings for Spencer are real. But would that be enough to save him from the path of evil?
4. Why did "A" target Spoby and Toby? Was Toby in on the plan to torture Spencer, or is there another layer to the way "A" picked on Spencer and Toby in Season 2? Perhaps there was some "A" team infighting...
5. What is the truth about his relationship with Jenna (Tammin Sursok)? Now that we know Toby's untrustworthy, everything he has said about Jenna is called into question. Was she really the one harassing him, or is there more to that story (and that incriminating tape) than it would appear?
What are you wondering about Toby? Let us know in the comments below.
Catch the PLL Halloween special on Tuesday, October 23 at 8 p.m. ET/PT onABC Family.
Rebecca Martin is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter@BeccaMartin47.