“One Night Stands?” Quotes From Once Upon a Time Season 2 Premiere
The characters on Once Upon a Time might have their hands full with breaking curses and slaying dragons and whatnot, but that doesn’t mean they’re too busy for a good zinger. We've rounded up the 10 best quotes from this week’s episode, Season 2, Episode 1: “Broken,” including David and Mary Margaret differing on whether Whale is one night stand-worthy.
10. Dr. Whale: “That smirk isn’t gonna last forever, Regina.” Actually, Regina can maintain a smirk like nobody’s business.
9. Aurora [to Prince Philip]: “That’s a ‘see you in five minutes’ kiss?” Is Aurora seriously complaining about a kiss being too good?
8. Aurora [about Mulan]: “I’m sorry — who is this?” Aurora would like everyone is Fairytale Land to wear nametags, if they don’t mind.
7. Regina [to David, about letting her die]: “That’s quite the example you’re setting for your daughter there.” Is Regina really one to talk about setting a good example for your kid?
6. Aurora [after Philip tells her she needs to rest]: “I’ve had my fill of rest.” Sleeping for a year means she slept for 8,760 hours, so we’d agree that’s enough for one night.
5. Emma [to Mary Margaret, about catching up]: “Can we do everything maybe later, like with a glass of wine... maybe several bottles?” We agree that the only way to make it through a family reunion is with booze, and plenty of it.
4. Prince Philip [about Mulan]: “We fought many battles together.” Aurora: “With a woman?” It seems that the feminist movement hasn’t quite made it to Fairytale Land yet.
3. David: “One night stands?” Mary Margaret: “Whale.” David: “Whale?” Mary Margaret: “We were cursed. That is neither here nor there.” If you ask us, Mary Margaret might want to work on her excuses a tad.
2. Archie: “They’re going to Regina’s house — they’re gonna kill her.” Grumpy: “Great — let’s watch.” Archie clearly wasn’t expecting people to be like, “I’ll bring the popcorn.”
1. Emma [to Gold]: “Maybe I don’t need answers — maybe I just need to punch you in the face.” Face-punching is always the answer to life’s problems, no?
Catch the next new episode of Once Upon a Time on Sunday, October 7 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.