Happy Birthday, Melissa Benoist! Five Reasons We Love the Girl Behind Glee’s Marley
She may be only a couple episodes into her run on Glee, but we already adore new girl Marley (Melissa Benoist). So far, Marley has been an absolute doll on the show — defending her mother, singing sweetly in the bleachers, and making us root for her love with Jake (Jacob Artist).
It just so happens that today, October 4 — the day of the Glee episode that has our stomachs all fluttery and our foreheads wrinkled and our hearts hurting in anticipation — is Melissa’s birthday. So, we wanted to take a break from speculating about the demise of our favorite twosomes to reflect on why we adore Ms. B.
1) We love her personal style. Her feminine peplum and tough leather combo made us want to go shopping for our own immediately. She wears figure-flattering dresses, cute skinnies... we could go on and on. But we’re sure that she’s never had to sew a J.Crew label into her clothes to make them look stylish.
2) The girl can flat out SING! We’ve only had a little taste of Marley’s pipes so far on Glee but we’ve loved every minute of it — especially her sweet song in the bleachers with Jake. From videos of her musical theater past, we know there’s only great things to come.
3) Her tattoo is adorable! When we saw her cute little bicycle foot tattoo, we had to hold ourselves back from running out and copying her, straight up.
4) She has a super supportive, artsy boyfriend. Marley is happily dating photographer Nick Vorderman. They tweet cute things together and he takes gorgeous pictures of her (which we’re sure isn’t a real challenge)
5) She seems fearless. It’s not just that Marley has so far sung head-to-head with Rachel (albeit in different cities), and sounded great. We’re also hoping for a Marley-Kitty (Becca Tobin) showdown soon — and hopefully it ends with Marley and Jake together! After all, Ryan Murphy has already nicknamed the duo the darling “Jarley.” In real life, we’d totally want Melissa in our Pink Ladies gang.