Between themselves, the two managed to utter plenty of heartbreaking quotes. Here are their top 10 tearjerkers of the night.
10. Sigh. It all started off so well. Santana: I promised myself that I would only do laundry at home. That way, no matter how busy I got, I would be forced to come home every few weeks, and then I would get to see you. [They kiss.]
9. Then, everything fell apart. Brittany: I’m not leaving. Being left behind sucks. Santana: It’s just a stupid prank. Brittany: You don’t get it. You left me behind, and it hurt. [turns to Dottie, who is hyperventilating] That’s exactly what it felt like.
8. What about this? This is the Brittana we know and love. Santana: Sophomore year, I used to sit in this back row and secretly watch you. I counted the number of times you’d smile at me, and I’d die on days that you didn’t.
7. The choir room has always been a special place for Santana and Britt. Santana: I miss this place so much. It’s where we fell in love, where I could say things with music, when words just weren’t enough. And I need to tell you something that I don’t know how to say.
6. Did you see those tears in her eyes? That should never happen. Ever. Brittany: Sad songs make me really sad. And I don’t want to be sad.
5. We don’t like the sound of where this is going. Santana: I haven’t been a good girlfriend to you. I can’t come home on the weekends and pretend that things are the way they were, because they aren’t. And I don’t want to be like all those other long-distance relationships that hang in there for a few months and then break up when someone eventually cheats or things get weird.
4. Then why are they breaking up? Brittany: I would never cheat on you. Santana: I know. And I would never cheat on you either.
3. Is it mature? Sure. But that doesn’t make it hurt any less. Santana: Let’s just do the mature thing here, okay? This is not an official breakup. Let’s just be honest that long-distance relationships are almost impossible to maintain, because both people are rarely getting what they need, especially at our age.