10 Things You Need to Know About Christina Aguilera
She’s already a household name (Xtina!), but here are 10 things you really should know about pop megastar and The Voice coach Christina Aguilera.
1. She botched “The Star-Spangled Banner” before Super Bowl XLV. Christina performed the national anthem before a Pittsburgh Penguins game, a Pittsburgh Steelers game, and a Pittsburgh Pirates game when she was 11 — but she accidentally skipped key lyrics in the second verse before the 2011 Super Bowl. She cites it as her most embarrassing moment ever.
2. She has a little boy named Max. Christina and her ex-husband Jordan Bratman welcomed their son Max Liron Bratman on January 12, 2008. The pop star was just down the hall from Nicole Richie, who was giving birth to daughter Harlow. People magazine paid Christina and Jordan a whopping $1.5 million for baby pictures.
3. She was on The Mickey Mouse Club from 1993 to 1994. Christina’s co-stars, including *NSYNC's Justin Timberlake and J.C. Chasez, Britney Spears, Ryan Gosling, and Felicity Keri Russell, nicknamed her "Diva." Also on the show was Season 2 finalist Tony Lucca, but as we learned last season, the two weren't exactly tight.
4. She’s the second best-selling solo artist of the 20th century. The only female artist who’s sold more records than Xtina since 2000? Queen Madge.
5. She has four Grammy Awards and a Latin Grammy Award. Christina won the “Best New Artist” Grammy in 2000, and she — along with Lil’ Kim, Mya, and P!nk — nabbed the 2001 Grammy for Best Pop Collaboration and Vocals for their remake of Labelle’s 1975 single “Lady Marmalade” for Moulin Rouge!
6. She’s been on the big screen. Christina starred in the 2010 movie Burlesque, performing eight of the songs on the film’s soundtrack. She also made a cameo in the 2010 comedy Get Him to the Greek.
7. She’s not fluent in Spanish. Christina has released a Spanish-language album (Mi Reflejo) and is half-Ecuadoran, but she hasn’t mastered the language.
8. She writes music. Christina co-wrote 14 songs for her 2002 album Stripped, and she co-wrote Kelly Clarkson’s hit single “Miss Independent.”
9. She has five tattoos. Christina has "Xtina" inked on the back of her neck; "Te Amo Siempre" on her left elbow; and a Hebrew psalm lyric meaning "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine" on her lower back. She also has one tat above her left hip and another on her left wrist. (People)
10. The thong she wore on the cover of Maxim went for $1,542.69 on eBay. BBC Radio 1 personality Scott Mills provided the thong.