7. You mean most musicians don’t buy their guitars at Toys ‘R’ Us? Deacon Claybourne (Charles Esten), to a musician whom Juliette didn’t flirt with: Why don’t you get yourself a big boy guitar and maybe she will.
6. We wonder if Rayna’s music improves babies’ IQs, as Mozart’s does. Juliette, to Rayna: My momma was one of your biggest fans — she said she’d listen to you while I was still in her belly.
5. Evidently, Deacon isn’t a big alt-country-punk fan. Avery, about his music: It’s kind of an alt-country-punk, but more cerebral. Deacon: You know, around here punk is code for “can’t play at all.”
4. Nothing is more romantic than comparing someone to physical pain. Deacon: I do not miss the headaches. Rayna: You were the headache.
3. When it comes to a nip slip, you’re better safe than sorry. Rayna, to Juliette, about her boobs: You probably gotta go on soon — I’m sure you gonna want to make sure you got those girls tucked in there real good.
2. Sounds like Deacon could use a cold shower, pronto. Deacon, to Rayna: You’re not some overnight sensation — but you are sensational overnight, to the best of my recollection.
1. Rayna’s got one nice-looking “decision,” if you ask us. Rayna,to Marshall: You can kiss my decision as it’s walkin’ out the door.