5 Reasons Brittany and Santana NEED To Get Back Together
We can’t believe it. How could you do this to us, Ryan Murphy? We are in shock and heartbroken and seriously speechless about what just happened on Glee. In fact, this is the first time we’re going to say it out loud: Santana(Naya Rivera) and Brittany (Heather Morris) broke up.
If you’re like us, you’ve already written tearful letters to Ryan, begging him to stop the madness and get Brittany and Santana (rightfully) back together. After all, we knew the episode was called “The Break-Up,” but we didn’t realize it would be so thoroughly destructive of all the love on the show. Although we’re sad for the demise of Finchel and the strange state of Klaine, it’s Brittana that is requiring the majority of our tissues. Here’s why.
1) Santana recognizes the special things about Brittany. In Season 3, Episode 4, Santana says “You’ve got a crush on my girl, Brittany. I understand. She’s beautiful, she’s innocent, she’s everything that’s good in this miserable, stinking world.” And she’s done pretty much everything she can to make Britt feel like she is all those things and more.
2) Brittany makes Santana more human. Santana Lopez has always been fun and sassy, but some people mistake her for being mean. She's had some tough moments on the show, including being disowned by her grandmother for expressing her heart. Brittany has always seen the best in her and as Santana has grown to see that she can be her true self with Britt, she’s become better to be around for everyone.
3) Santana recognizes Brittany’s intelligence. Some people call Brittany dumb. She’s not. She just happens to live in a land with different standards of intelligence. In the episode “I Am Unicorn,” Santana tells Britt “There’s no one like you. You’re a genius, Brittany. You are the unicorn.”
4) Three words: Sweet lady kisses. When they’re not scissoring off-screen, Santana and Brittany exchange the sweetest of the sweet lady kisses. We’d be jealous of their love if it weren’t so darn cute.
5) There’s no one else in the world for either of them. Sure, they’re both beautiful and smart and fun and great at singing and dancing — in short, they are great catches. But that’s why they’re so right for each other. Santana is just the right snap to reality for Brittany and Britt helps Santana interact with people without having to have her barbs out all the time.
Santana once said, “Somebody’s gotta look out for Brittany. I mean, that special place where she lives? Yeah, it’s beautiful, but someone’s gotta help her cross the street.”
Well, Santana, that person is you. So, please, for the love of unicorns, get back together with Britt!