5 Things You Need to Know About Christina Aguilera’s Boyfriend, Matt Rutler
When The Voice coach Christina Aguilera and former production assistant Matthew Rutler first stepped out together early last year, we’re the first ones to admit that we didn’t have very high hopes for the couple. Christina was on the rebound from her marriage to Jordan Bratman, and Matt was a cute, if temporary, distraction. But, they seem to have proven us all wrong, as it’s almost two years later, and the two drinking buddies are still going strong.
But what do we really know about the dude, besides that he gets to come home to the “Your Body” singer every night? Here's a little primer of what you should know about Matthew, because it looks like they’re in it for long haul:
1. It Was Love At First Scene: Christina and Matt met on the set of Burlesque, where he was working as a lowly P.A. (that’s production assistant for all you Hollywood newbies). And while he had what was shaping up to be a promising career, having worked on several other movies, including The Town and The Social Network, it seems that he’s gone for a career change since hooking up with the diva, focusing instead on catering to Christina off-set.
2. From Jersey, With Love: The 27-year-old hails from the small town of Wyckoff, New Jersey, where his parents still reside, and got his undergraduate degree from Roger Williams University in Rhode Island. Since Christina was born in Staten Island, these two may be the perfect bridge and tunnel match made in heaven!
3. Doting Designated Driver: Even though Matt’s driving skills got the two into some, er, trouble last year, Christina still depends on him for a ride home, and a steadying hand on the walk to the car. Ever since the pair have hooked up, Christina’s been hitting the town hard, with Matt right by her side (possibly holding her up).
4. He Gets Into The Halloween Spirit: Earlier this week, Matt, Christina, and her son Max, were spotted picking out pumpkins for Halloween at Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch in West Hollywood. Looks like he doesn’t have a problem stepping into the family man role either?
5. It’s In The Stars: Matthew, who turned 27 in April, is an Aries, while Xtina is a Sagittarius. Astrology forecasts agree that these two signs “can be a match made in heaven”, since the two have “much in common.” Hmm, given their track (and court) record, that seems about right!
What do you think of Matt and Xtina as a couple? Weigh in below!