10. We suppose this is how country legends say that someone has “balls.” Rayna, about Juliette: She’s got, like, 500 miles worth of nerve.
9. Sounds like someone isn’t on iTunes. Lady at the fundraiser, about Rayna’s album: Do they have it at Starbucks?
8. We’re sure she meant to say, “Besides you, of course.” Rayna’s daughter Daphne, to Rayna about Juliette: She’s, like, the most famous singer in the world.
7. So much for subtlety. Rayna, to Juliette about her tour withDeacon (Charles Esten): [It’s] just a show for people who love actual music.
6. Note to Deacon: Acknowledging something is a bad idea doesn’t make it okay if you do it anyway. Deacon, about skinny dipping with Juliette: Deacon, you are a dead man.
5. Uh... if you say so, Rayna. Rayna: I was in preschool 20 years ago.
4. Deacon has a strange sense of what relationships are all about. Deacon, to Rayna: If I wanted to fight like this, I’d have a damn girlfriend.
3. Gunnar came this close to getting a compliment from Scarlett. Scarlett (Clare Bowen), to Gunnar (Sam Palladio): I don’t know too many guys who can pull off fringe. [Pause] You’re really not one of ‘em.
2. Rayna says that as if wearing sparkly pants is a bad thing. Rayna, to Deacon about Juliette: You’re out running around with Miss Sparkly Pants.
1. Deacon is painfully aware that he and Rayna don’t have the benefits. Juliette, to Deacon about Rayna: You guys are like an old married couple, I swear — except with all of the hassle and none of the benefits.