Vampire Diaries Season 4, Episode 3, “The Rager” — Five Questions We Want Answered
Now that Elena (Nina Dobrev) has her own set of fangs, the wait between Vampire Diaries episodes feels even longer. A lot went down in Season 4, Episode 2, “Memorial,” (the new hunter’s special bullets, the new girl’s near death, and ghosts in the graveyard!), but we have a lot more questions than answers. Here’s what we hope to learn in the next episode and beyond!
5. Is Matt a permanent blood bag? Mr. Matt (Zach Roerig) was more than willing to offer his neck for a nibble when his best gal pal needed a warm vein. But how long can that last? Despite his muscles, the boy is bound to get woozy. Is Elena’s temperamental tummy a permanent condition, or will she learn to suck down bagged blood like everyone else?
4. What’s blocking Bonnie? How well did Stefan’s (Paul Wesley) lantern-lighting grief ceremony work? Bonnie (Kat Graham) couldn’t even light up hers with a Season 1-era fire spell. Is it just her sadness over Grams, or are the witches limiting her access to magic again?
3. What’s the big evil? We’re still not sure what Pastor Young was up to when he kaboomed himself and 12 others to the big Town Council in the sky. He dropped some hints about an evil that’s been in Mystic Falls for years in a letter to his daughter, April (Grace Phipps) — which was intercepted by Connor Jordan (Todd Williams). Reading someone else’s mail? Pretty sure that’s felony, sir (even if it was delivered via oven). So what’s this ancient evil? Klaus (Joseph Morgan)? You’re talking about Klaus, aren’t you?
2. Can we have more graveyard parties? Our eyes still get misty whenever we remember Alaric (Matt Davis) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) having a not-quite conversation in the graveyard. (What? We have allergies!) Can we just have that scene repeated every week, please?
1. Does Jeremy need glasses? We know Matt doesn’t have health insurance, but does Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) have vision insurance? First, he was seeing ghosts, now he’s imagining invisible tattoos. Or is he? So worried about you, kiddo.
Need your daily Vampire Diaries fix? Like us on ourFacebook page, or follow us onTwitter!