5 Reasons Jef Holm and Emily Maynard Should Stay Broken Up
Truth talk: we haven't been this sad about a breakup since Kristen Stewart cheated on RPattz and we entered the dark period known as "Breaking Dawn." Jef Holm and Emily Maynard's sudden separation has caused Bachelor Nation to enter crisis (white wine for everyone!), but could their split be for the best?
We know, blasphemy. But before you bitch-slap the computer screen in a rage, check out 5 reasons we think Jef and Emily might just be better apart.
1. The Public Scrutiny Is Too Intense Emily and Jef were America's sweethearts just a few short months ago, but things changed after Em's alleged sexting scandal. Emily and Jefelump were slammed with criticism, negative attention, and false accusations about their love connection, and it was just too much. How can any couple be expected to survive such intense scrutiny?
2. They Reportedly Argued All The Time According to Jef and Em's close friends and family, these two didn't exactly get along. Jef was critical about Emily's parenting, Em was too flirty, Jef kept meeting randoms in Burger King parking lots — the whole thing was a hot mess. If Jefelump and his bride-to-be were at each other's throats so soon into their relationship, perhaps it's better that they're apart.
3. It's Best For Ricki Poor Ricki is so confused and traumatized right now — and not just about the spelling of her name. There's no doubt that this southern bellette was negatively affected by Jef and Em's rocky relationship, but now that they've parted ways she can drown her sorrows in American Girl Dolls and move on with her life. Otherwise, it's only a matter of time before The Rickster cornrows her hair again, and we all know how that turned out.
4. Once a Cheater, Always a Cheater Rumor has it that Emily cheated on Jef with NFL pro Matt Leinart, but rumor also has it that Jef cheated on Emily with his ex girlfriend, Kaylee Shepherd. Who knows what to believe, but cheating is never a good sign in any relationship. If both Jef and Emily were unfaithful so soon into their love affair, chances are they'd be unfaithful again. We can't have that, now can we?
5. They Have Different Priorities Jef is a family man through and through, but was he really ready for the responsibility of being a dad? Jef's a world traveling do-gooder, and we're not sure he's able to balance his lust for life with raising a family. Sigh, excuse us while we go cry.
Do you think Em and Jef's breakup is for the best? Hit the poll!