Who Is “A”? Our Top 5 Suspects From Pretty Little Liars Season 3 Halloween Episode
So, you’re still dying to know who the new “A” is onPretty Little Liars. Don’t worry — we’ve got our crack team of sleuths on the case, picking up even the tiniest clue for your mystery-solving pleasure. Here are some hints from Season 3, Episode 13: “This Is a Dark Ride,” that may help us solve this thing for good!
Keep in mind that we’re not including Toby (Keegan Allen) or Mona (Janel Parrish) on this list. Let’s face it: It would be pretty freakin’ lackluster if the “A” team leader turns out to just be someone who’s already been named to the team.
5. Byron Montgomery / Mr. and Mrs. Hastings Why they might be “A”: Do we really think that Byron (Chad Lowe) is “A,” let alone Spencer’s parents? Not really (or at least we’d like to think not). But it’s hard to ignore that Byron might be “A” to threaten Ali, since she seemed to be using her knowledge of his affair against him. The same could be said for Mr. Hastings, who resented that Alison (Sasha Pieterse) knew he was Jason’s dad. And Mrs. Hastings got Garrett (Yani Gellman) out of jail, so now she can’t be trusted either. So many parents gone rogue!
Why they might not be: Would Byron really have drugged his own daughter and try to push her off a moving train? Doubtful. Byron and Spencer’s parents might not be whom we would want as parents, but we’d like to think they’re not the ones tormenting their own offspring.
4. Lucas Gottesman Why he might be “A”: Lucas (Brendan Robinson) was adorbs in this episode, telling Hanna (Ashley Benson) she looks beautiful. (Swoon!) But when it comes to people who hate Alison, this guy takes the cake (perhaps it’s a wedding cake from outer space?). So we were suspicious when Jason (Drew Van Acker) went off with him, along with when Jenna (Tammin Sursok) notices Lucas’ camera by itself. And perhaps Lucas was the one pushing the crate, since he probably wouldn’t be able to quite push it off the train (no offense, Lucas).
Why he might not: True, Lucas has a dark side, but we’d like to think that he’s a good guy deep down, given how caring he is toward Hanna. And it almost seems a little obvious for Lucas to be “A,” considering that the pills that were used to drug Emily earlier this season were in his bag, and this show is never that blatant with the clues.
3. Ezra Fitzgerald Why he might be “A”: We’ve lost a whole lot of trust in Ezra (Ian Harding), ever since we saw that sock drawer full of moolah, along with learning about his baby mama. Now we’ve got Ezra claiming to have a ghostwriting gig in Philly but then showing up on the train not long after it stops. So perhaps Ezra is involved with “A” but didn’t realize how badly the other were going to hurt Aria?
Why he might not be: For starters, “A” is a whiz with technology, while Ezra’s knowledge of electronics is as primitive as it gets. And come on — this is Ezra we’re talking about. Sure, he might have something shady going on as far as, say, hanging out with Maggie, but we really doubt that Ezra would actually “pull a Toby” (and yes, we’re hoping that the expression “pull a Toby” catches on).
2. Wren Kingston Why he might be “A”: We’re still suspicious about the fact that he made sure Mona didn’t get transferred from Radley earlier this season. And since he works there, he might be the one who’s helping her sneak out at times. Plus, whenever we see people with drugs — like this week when Mona has those pills — we assume that Dr. Wren may have provided them.
The fact remains that we met Wren through Melissa (Torrey DeVitto), and Melissa clearly hates Ali. Also, we must say that we can imagine Wren having been the joker on the train, and that he was trying to kill Spencer for choosing Toby over him. Or maybe he was the Phantom who tries to snuggle up with Hanna? After all, we’re all well aware that the dude’s a perv.
Why he might not be “A”: Well, it’s strange that he wouldn’t be in this episode if he’s gonna wind up being “A.” Then again, the fact that he’s staying under the radar as an “A” suspect seems to make him even more of a candidate. And sure, it would be weird for both Toby and Wren to be on the “A” team, since they don’t seem to be besties. Still, nothing unites the people of Rosewood like their hatred of Ali.
1. Alison DiLaurentis Why she might be “A”: It now is more and more likely that Alison is alive and that she killed her twin — which would explain the ghost that Ashley encountered. In flashbacks, we see Ali arguing with Garrett and toying with Byron, so it wouldn’t be a huge stretch to think that she would want both Garrett and Aria dead. In fact, it would make sense that Ali would want to punish the entire N.A.T. Club. Ali punishes whoever she can, and as often as possible.
Why she might not be “A”: All signs appear to be pointing to Ali as “A” for the time being. But with that in mind, we don’t want to say too many bad things about Ali, for fear that we’ll be the next ones in a wooden crate.