Happy Birthday, Real Housewives’ Slade Smiley: Five Surprising Facts About Him!
Today, October 29, Real Housewives of Orange County’s Slade Smiley turns one year older! To help him celebrate, we’ve listed five surprising facts about the ruggedly handsome dad that make us love him even more.
1. He used to be a model! Grayson has been in the public eye for quite some time, dating back to his younger years as a model. In fact, he has been featured in commercial campaigns for Adidas, Gillette, Volkswagen, and Gatorade, according to his MySpace page. Speaking of Gatorade, “Be like Slade” has just as much of a ring to it as “Be like Mike,” dontcha think?
2. He competed in the Tour de France. Slade started riding bikes in the ‘80s to stay in shape and it turned into more than just a weekend hobby. He took part in the Tour de France as well as various national tournaments. And yes, he looks pretty darn good in bicycle shorts, which is no easy task.
3. He’s active with cancer charities. His twelve-year-old son Grayson recently underwent a major operation to reduce his brain tumor, so our thoughts our with their family as Grayson continues to fight the good fight. And Slade helps other families who are going through a similar struggle, as he participates in events such as those sponsored by Orange County-based Beckstrand Cancer Foundation.
4. He hosts a radio show — and gets to chat with some famous friends. We’ve gotten a taste of Slade’s comedy stylings on Real Housewives, and he also co-hosts his own radio show in the L.A. area. Recent guests on his show have included TV star Jim Belushi and other Real Housewives cast members.
5. He speaks fluent Japanese. We’re totally impressed by this, since all we know how to say is, “Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.”