Maybe it’s his secret Scottish accent, or his resemblance to a taller, tougher Daniel Craig — whatever it is, we thought we’d take a closer look at the lady who snapped him up: his wife Jane Parker.
1) They have two children together: Joseph, 11; and Iona, 9. Both kids have curly blond hair.
2) Jane married Kevin in 1999, the same year he had a cameo in the movie Hideous Kinky.
3) Jane has a reputation for being averse to the Hollywood flashbulbs, paparazzi, and attention that comes with being married to one of network television’s biggest stars. In an interview with The Star Online in 2007, the reporter described her as his “beautiful, publicity-shy wife.”
4) There is a McKidd family band, and Jane plays the bass. Kevin told American Way magazine that family time consists of keeping up “the British tradition of a Sunday roast dinner. We also play music together: My kids play the piano and drums, and my wife is turning into a great bass player.
5) Jane knows how to manage a long-distance relationship with her husband. When Kevin had to spend an extensive period of time in Italy shooting Rome, she and the kids stayed home at their country cottage in Bedfordshire. "I flew back most weekends, even if it was just to get 36 hours at home, and my family spent all the time on their holidays with me," said Kevin, in The Daily Record. But apparently he made do with the family dog, Rosie.