Because Sunday can't get here soon enough, we've been distracting ourselves by pouring over the sneak peeks and preview from the episode to find clues about what's coming up. Here are the six most intriguing things we've found.
Read spoilers at your own risk! For more on Wetpaint Entertainment's philosophy on spoilers, click here.
1. Who was the Mystery Man? The sneak peek below tells us a lot about the Mystery Man from the Season 2 premiere opener. His name is Neal Cassady, he used to live in Portland, Oregon, and he met Emma while she was stealing his car. But what we find most intriguing is his carefree attitude.
The press release for the episode says Emma meets a "fellow thief," which we presume is Neil. That certainly would explain why he seems impressed by Emma's car-stealing skills, instead of annoyed. But what we're wondering is how this cheerful rogue turns into the more serious-seeming man we met in Season 2, Episode 1: “Broken.” And how is he connected to Storybrooke?
2. Is the mystery man Henry's father? It looks to us like the Mystery Man might be Henry's (Jared Gilmore) father. Around 20 seconds into the Canadian preview for the episode below, we see someone touching a pregnant belly, and then Emma asking Neal, "Is this what you really want?" He responds "What I really want is you." They are clearly in a romantic relationship. That doesn't necessarily mean he's Henry's father, of course, but all signs point to "daddy!" especially because we know we're going to meet the dad in this episode.
3. Why does Emma get arrested? Based on the American promo for the episode, it looks like we'll also learn more about Emma's arrest (presumably the one that landed her in jail while pregnant). It's worth noting that while she and Neal are pulled over in the sneak peek above, that is not the arrest we see happening at the beginning of the promo below, because Emma is wearing a totally different outfit. Our guess is that in the scene following the sneak peek above, Neal will say he knows Emma, saving her from trouble and winning her trust.
4. The portal beans come from the giants: Assuming Captain Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) is telling the truth in this sneak peek, here's an interesting and potentially important fact: in Fairytale Land the magic portal beans were grown by the giants, most of whom have died off, destroying the beans in the process.
But, of course, there's one giant left, and Emma and Hook have to get past him to get the magic compass. Question: how will the rumored new character named Jack play into this (if at all)? We assumed he is Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk, but there's no hint of him in any of these promos. (Unless he's somehow Neal!?)
5. What's the compass for? In that sneak peek, Hook also explains that the magic compass is important because it can be used to guide Emma and co. back to Storybrooke — after they steal the wardrobe dust back from Cora (Barbara Hershey), of course. How exactly does that work? We hope we'll find out.