The Voice Season 3: Top 5 Favorite Live Show Performances From Team Adam and Team Blake (VIDEOS)
Now that the election is over, we can get back to focusing on the truly important things in life: The Voice’s live shows!
Tonight, Team Christina and Team Cee Lo are up on stage, but we’re still reeling from Monday night’s impressive performances from Team Blake and Team Adam.
We saw 10 fantastic performances from the remaining hopefuls, but five really stood out to us. Check out our favorites right here!
5) Terry McDermott Sings “Don’t Stop Believin’” This Scottish rocker’s performances are always perfectly effortless, and we’re willing to overlook his haircut if he serenades us with sweet classic rock. We’re also willing to overlook his slight lyric flub around the 45 second mark because, come on — how many of you can sing every word of that song?
4) Cassadee Pope Sings “My Happy Ending” The pop rock princess hasn’t exactly proven herself in the competition yet. Though her blind audition was impressive, her battle round was cut short, and her knockout round seemed full of nerves. But sticking to her genre in the live shows, Cassadee was in her element. We loved it all, from the feathers in her hair to her interaction with the cheering crowd.
3) Liz Davis Sings “Independence Day” Is it embarrassing to admit that we got a little teary-eyed when Liz Davis took the stage? No, these weren’t tears of joy that the country singer final ditched her booty shorts — we loved her moving ballad. She finally showed off her actual voice, and this performance really made us root for country to succeed on The Voice. Yee-haw!
2) Michaela Paige Sings“Everybody Talks” This spunky teen has truly taken us by surprise. After her blind audition was cut short, we didn’t think much of her, but since her killer battle and knockout round, Michaela’s come into her own on the show. And her feisty rendition of “Everybody Talks” by Neon Trees had us bopping on our couches and styling our faux-hawks.
1) Amanda Brown Sings “Dream On” Sometimes we wish this was a personal fan site to Amanda Brown. Homegirl has proven herself time and time again, singing everything from Mariah Carey classics to hard rock. Her sexy performance in Monday night’s live show had us questioning all of the musical genre stereotypes we’ve come to know. Basically, girl can sing. Don’t believe us? Just check out her chill-inducing wail at the 2-minute mark.
What were your favorite performances from Monday night? Weigh in below!