8. Let’s be honest: Thinking in general is overrated. Deacon (Charles Esten): Thinking’s not your friend right now, Jolene.
7. Glenn needs his caffeine fix. Glenn [about the coffee]: One of those had better be for me.
6. Deacon is not impressed. Deacon [to Juliette (Hayden Panettiere), about avoiding her mom until she leaves]: That’s your big plan?
5. Avery really could teach classes on how to piss people off. Avery (Jonathan Jackson) [to Gunnar, after their performance]: Clearly you meant to walk in and say thank you since I did you a favor today — probably just didn’t hear you.
4. Don’t worry, Deacon —we still love you! Drunk guy [about Rayna (Connie Britton)]: I like it better when she sings. Deacon: Most people do.
3. We all need to let out our inner deranged redneck sometimes. Scarlett [on the phone to her mom]: Well, Jeanne said “the best version of myself,” so I thought maybe I’d wear my red boots, but then I thought maybe that was the deranged redneck version of myself.
2. The life of a professional musician is such a glamorous one. Deacon [on whether they were done recording]: Oh, no. She’s just finally giving me a bathroom break.
1. In other words, cut it out. Juliette [to Deacon]: You sound like a shrink I went to once. Once.