The Voice Season 3: Top 5 Favorite Live Show Performances From Team Christina and Team Cee Lo (VIDEOS)
As we prepare for the tonight’s bloodbath (aka The VoiceSeason 3’s first live results show), we reflect on our five favorite performances from last night’s show, featuring Team Christina and Team Cee Lo.
There were 10 total performances, but five truly stood out to us. Check out the videos below and tell us if you agree.
5) De’Borah Sings “Who Knew” Anyone who can leap like a brightly colored frog across the stage while hitting impressive notes earns some major respect from us. De’Borah’s high-energy performances continue to entrance us week by week, and our girl always puts her own creative spin on each song she’s given.
4) Nicholas David Sings “You’re the First, My Last, My Everything” He may be a strange-lookin’ dude, but he sure knows how to sing what Adam Levine calls “baby making music.” Nicholas jammed across the stage to the Barry White hit with all the swag required of a Team Cee Lo contestant.
3) MacKenzie Bourg” Sings “What Makes You Beautiful” Sure, the cheesy pop tune is a guilty pleasure of ours, but MacKenzie did a great job of making the lyrics seem pure and genuine. And though the preteen fans may want to stone us for saying this, we think MacKenzie’s much more talented than the majority of the chart-topping gents out there today.
2) Trevin Hunte Sings “How Am I Supposed to Live Without You” It’s hard for Trevin not to sing an endearing ballad without heart and soul. Last night, he picked a classic Michael Bolton tune, and though he brought down the house, he didn’t get the top spot on our list because his performance wasn’t anything we haven’t seen from the talented singer before.
1) Sylvia Yacoub Sings “The One That Got Away” One singer who truly blew us away last night was Team Christina’s Sylvia Yacoub. The feisty powerhouse typically sings man-stomping ballads, but last night, she took a seat at the piano and brought us to tears. Her pure sound and moving performance made us fans for life.