Based on the sneak peeks and promos, we’re actually pretty nervous to find out Ruby’s fate, both in Storybrooke and in her Fairytale Land flashback. Are we meant to trust the pack of wolves she comes across? Does she really get shot by Albert Spencer/King George (Alan Dale)?
Here are 5 clues we’ve gathered from the previews.
1. What are King George’s evil plans? We know that King George is creeping around Storybrooke these days, but we’ve only seen him there since magic was introduced and the curse was broken. He threatens David (Josh Dallas), mocking him for being the town sheriff when he’s really just a shepherd, but why does he seem so confident?
2. Who lied: Granny or Anita? In this sneak peek, Red is surrounded by a pack of wolves in a flashback. Their leader is new character Anita (Annabeth Gish), who claims to be Red’s mother. But Granny (Beverley Elliott) told Red that her mother had died in a human attack ages ago. Did Ruby lie, or is Anita lying now?
3. Murder in Storybrooke. A dead body is found in Storybrooke the day after a full moon. Ruby can’t remember what she did that night, and claw marks are found on the freezer Granny and David locked her inside of. Did Ruby really do it?
4. Ruby and Snow have always been close. In this sneak peek, Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Ruby try their hardest to protect each other, even if it means protecting them from themselves.
5. King George has a gun. Who is he trying to kill, though? We know he’s after both David and Ruby, and while it’s probably Ruby, we’re pretty sure we can hear the gun go off. With Meghan Ory just promoted to series regular, we doubt her character will die, so who does King George shoot?