Best Castle Quotes From Season 5, Episode 7: “Swan Song”
Between Rick Castle's incessant flirtation with the cameras and Ryan and Esposito's nonstop attempts to one-up each other, "Swan Song" was chock-full of clever quips and witty one-liners. It was nearly impossible to narrow down the brilliant musings to a small handful, but we somehow managed — and the result is music to our ears!
Check out our Top 10 favorite quotes from Castle Season 5, Episode 7: "Swan Song," and be sure to share yours in the comments below!
1. Castle introduces himself: "Richard Castle, novelist. My latest, Frozen Heat, in stores now. Have you met Nikki Heat's inspiration, Detective Beckett?"
Yes, I do believe we've been acquainted.
2. Esposito: "We've got you now, you son of a bitch. I'm sorry, can I even say son of a b…?"
If you have to ask this question, you're clearly not watching enough TV.
3. Castle: "Pure speculation would be Swan purchasing thermo-nuclear technology to have a scientist make an amplifier that went all the way to 12. This, musicians buying drugs? That's just Monday morning's crossword."
Rick Castle, everyone.
4. Castle: "So John Campbell was in town with a few days to kill … see what I did there?"
No, can you please elaborate?
5. Esposito: "You won't have to worry about this creep hurting anyone ever again. That's a gift from me to you. You're welcome, America."
9. Beckett lets her hair down: "I think that you're upset for cutting the cord with his church, so you started tracking him. He gave you a donation so you would leave him alone. But that wasn't enough, was it? You wanted revenge. So you followed him to his trailer and you killed him in a FIT OF RAGE!"
Beckett's audition tape for The Real Police Women of New York?
10. Beckett: "What I do here, this is mine. And just because they want to invade my privacy, it doesn't mean I have to help them do it." Castle: "OK, that may be, but these cameras are not going anywhere. They're going to see something. I just want them to see what I see."