5 Performances From The Voice Season 3 We’re Thankful for This Thanksgiving (VIDEOS)
There are few things in life we are more thankful for than a solid performance on The Voice. And Season 3 has given us a cornucopia of tear-inducing, gut-busting tunes to eat up.
Here are our five favorites (thus far):
5) Cody Belew | “Jolene” by Dolly Parton
In this season’s knockout rounds, Team Cee Lo’s Cody Belew shocked America and his coach with an amazing rendition of Dolly Parton’s “Jolene.” His performance eliminated fan favorite Avery Wilson from the competition, proving once and for all that Cody deserves to be there.
4) Trevin Hunte | “Listen” From Dreamgirls In one of The Voice’s most impressive blind auditions of all time, Team Cee Lo’s Trevin Hunte took to the stage and received a three-chair turn (we’re still confused as to why Adam didn’t go for it). He sang “Listen” from the hit musical Dreamgirls and did Beyonce proud.
3) Sylvia Yacoub | “The One That Got Away” by Katy Perry After weeks of seeing this powerhouse songstress tear the stage apart, we were pleasantly surprised when she toned things down and sang a heartfelt rendition of Katy Perry’s “The One That Got Away” while playing the piano. It truly gave us a glimpse into her soul and showed off the purity of her sound.
2) Cassadee Pope | “Over You” by Miranda Lambert Singing the song Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert wrote for Blake’s late brother, Cassadee had a daunting task in front of her on Monday night, but boy, did she deliver! This performance brought us to tears and had the crowd roaring. It also hit number one on the iTunes charts, beating out Psy and Maroon 5.
1) Amanda Brown | “Dream On” by Journey
There have been plenty of quality tunes this season, but nothing compares to the otherworldly sounds that came out of Amanda Brown as she sang Journey’s “Dream On.” We’ve never heard a wail of that caliber come out of a contestant’s mouth before — hell, we’ve never even heard a woman tackle that monster of a song! It’s definitely the performance to beat this season.
Do you agree with our list, or did we miss a big one? Weigh in below!