1. She's best known from The Bachelor Melissa Rycroft was the original "winner" of The Bachelor Season 13. The early 2009 season had the most dramatic ending ever when Bachelor Jason Mesnick dumped his fiancée, Melissa, in favor of his runner-up, Molly Malaney (who is now his pregnant wife, Molly Mesnick).
2. She's an ex-cheerleader Before The Bachelor, the Dallas native was a contestant on CMT's Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team. She ended up making the squad for the 2006-2007 season.
3. She married her pre-Bachelor boyfriend Melissa dated Dallas insurance agent Tye Strickland on and off for two years. After she came back from The Bachelor they reconnected. By late June 2009, they were engaged, and they got married on December 12, 2009. They have a daughter, Ava Grace Strickland, who was born on February 16, 2011.
4. She was an accidental DWTS contestant Following The Bachelor, Melissa was in line to be the Season 5 Bachelorette. Then Nancy O'Dell was injured and had to drop out of DWTS Season 8. Melissa stepped in at the last minute — with just a couple of days to practice — and she and pro dancer Tony Dovolani made it all the way to the finals, taking third place. She and Tony returned as a team for 2012’s All-Stars season.
5. She was almost the DWTS co-host After Samantha Harris left as DWTS co-host, several former DWTS celebs were in the running to replace her, including Season 5’s Mel B and Melissa. Ultimately the co-host gig went to Season 7 winner Brooke Burke-Charvet, but Melissa has continued her TV career, working as a correspondent for Good Morning America, co-hosting the first season of Bachelor Pad, and starring in her own CMT reality TV show, Melissa & Tye. She also released a memoir called My Reality.
Dancing With the Stars airs Mondays and Tuesdays onABC.
Gina Carbone is a contributing writer at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter@ginacarbone.